DROID 2 vs DROID X VS Fascinate

mobilecal

Reaction score
Does the Fascinate have a notification light? As a BlackBerry user, this is a must since I'm so used to it.

713King

Reaction score
what I'm wondering that I want able to check out is the video quality on the fascinate, how is it compared to the x because the videos on the x are just amazing to me. Also can it do hdmi out? I read that galaxy s phones were able to. I might just cancel my order of the x that was going to ship out to me on the 21 because of issues on signal of the current x I got.

OP
E

epic_engineering

Reaction score
Does the Fascinate have a notification light? As a BlackBerry user, this is a must since I'm so used to it.

I'm use to it to from all me previous phones even other android devices..

No it doesn't but I just came across and app literally 3 min ago called noLED that fixes this problem. I haven't tried it yet but it has 5 stars on the review. Its creates Led type or custom notifications on the screes, Made specifically for Galaxy S phones..

I'm going to test it out I'm worried about battery life with the app but so far no complaints.. :)

OP
E

epic_engineering

Reaction score
what I'm wondering that I want able to check out is the video quality on the fascinate, how is it compared to the x because the videos on the x are just amazing to me. Also can it do hdmi out? I read that galaxy s phones were able to. I might just cancel my order of the x that was going to ship out to me on the 21 because of issues on signal of the current x I got.

No Galaxy s phones has an HDMI out put even though I read about some video output cables....

as far as on screen performance Hands Down Galaxy S, my brother switch carries from AT&T to get the droid X two days after I got my Galaxy.. And the Droid X pictures looks SUPER washed out compared to the Galaxy S. I traded my droid 2 which I thought looked super good, but once you see a side by side comparison, you realize that there is none... that Super AMOLED screen is stunning..

Hawk

Reaction score
I don't know I compared them in the store yesterday and the Samsung seemed laggy to me. The X snapped through every button touch and the video recording was excellent. I liked the feel of the Samsung but it has less memory internaly, no HDMI output and seemed to lag. People are talking about the processor being faster but I didn't see that testing them. Just going from the dock to the home screen it took a second for the S and the X was there as fast as I could push the button.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The HDMI Out on the X is no comparison to the TV Out the Samsung phones do...so I wouldnt let HDMI Out be a factor.

I know Amoled, S Amoled viewing angles are way better than LCD. (S LCD seems to fix that hopefully) epic, it looked super washed out when viewing both head on, or at an angle?

Hawk, the lag is something common to all the current Samsung phones due to the file system. The current Samsung phones use an rfs file system, most if not all other Android phones use ext.

Does the galaxy use the rfs file system? (Page 1) - GAOSP - Development - Drakaz's Android stuff

Improve Samsung Captivate Disk Performance

These are just 2 links I saw first. More info about the lag fix is at XDA and/or MoDaCo.

Signum

Reaction score
61cfaaf7-a3c9-2197.jpg

No lag here...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Hawk

Reaction score
You own an X yet you seem to be telling my to get the S. Are you not happy with your X.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You own an X yet you seem to be telling my to get the S. Are you not happy with your X.

lol...I'm very happy with it. I was just pointing out pros the Fascinate had. Even if I have a certain phone and like it, I can still acknowledge the pros of other phones.

The lag fix u have to be rooted to do. That can be seen as a pro or a con depending on who u ask. I feel out the box, stock vs stock the X is a great phone compared to whats out now.

Last edited:

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
The only thing that phone has on the droid x is the screen as far as I can see but the droid x's screen is great and bigger.

Signum

Reaction score

I owned an x for 3 weeks and then returned it and went back tomy inedible before getting the fascinate

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Ataraxis

Reaction score
I had a mytouch slide from tmobile, then decided to switch to verizon, had the droid 2 for about a month, loved the keyboard and 2.2 is amazing. I switched to the samsung fascinate and so far i am getting used to the no keyboard with my emulated games. I did sacrifice that, but for a brighter more colorful screen at 4.0' compared to the smaller droid 2. I love this phone, i took care of the bing problem, and my GPU benchmark tests blew droid 2 and droid x out of the water. Nenamark1 test i got 46fps on this phone, droid x was getting 24.5 on average according to the comment posts in the market, for 2.1 and 2.2. Mainly what im saying is i was going for the X but better graphics and screen display for gaming sounds like a winner to me. The GPU in this phone is a grade higher than what is in the droids, that the only reason why it wins, but the droids beat this phone on cpu performance.