Why is this phone given such horrible reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNC

Reaction score
Its a really nice phone, but the X is better out of the box. No "bingification" and without the most horrid UI I've ever seen. I thought bright, tacky and multicolored went out with the 80s??? Having the Galaxy S would make me feel like I had a swatch in my pocket....

bL33d

Reaction score
I picked the fascinate over the Droid x mainly because of the form factor and samoled screen. CPU and gpu was also reasons why I chose the galaxy s phone.

no ones a noob here it ain't hard to debing or uses a different launcher though I like touchwiz.

Last edited:

UNC

Reaction score
I picked the fascinate over the Droid x mainly because of the form factor and samoled screen. CPU and gpu was also reasons why I chose the galaxy s phone.

no ones a noob here it ain't hard to debing or uses a different launcher though I like touchwiz.

No ones a noob here, but they do reviews for the general populace. If you need to hack a phone in order to rid yourself of bing and ugly colors its not that good of a phone for the non-technically inclined...

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Its a really nice phone, but the X is better out of the box. No "bingification" and without the most horrid UI I've ever seen. I thought bright, tacky and multicolored went out with the 80s??? Having the Galaxy S would make me feel like I had a swatch in my pocket....

So your telling me motoblur is nice...lol what a joke man. I had the x and It was nice but it was laggy and rebooted about ever other time I unlocked it... Epic fail...
61dda64d-6557-0b65.jpg

Swyped via Fascinate.

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score

On the thread on how to root the fascinate one click method. It tells me to click on the .zip file and then do not touch the phone... So do i need to click on that file on the computer? Seems like i would find it on the phone(sd card) but it never said anything about tranfering it to the sd card.

Download the files/Drivers, Set your phone to debugging and stay awake. then open "fascinateRoot_v02" , Open the folders until you find the dialog box that says "Start_Root" click to open - run, make sure it found your phone, hit any button to root. I will take 3 mins or less. :)

edit - Ps Droid x < Fascinate.......lol

bL33d

Reaction score

No ones a noob here, but they do reviews for the general populace. If you need to hack a phone in order to rid yourself of bing and ugly colors its not that good of a phone for the non-technically inclined...

It really just comes down to people hating bing which is fine but it does not actually take away from the phone either. Its just nerd reviewers going overboard.

Also i dont want to upgrade a phone and get the same interface everytime so i like teh diffrent ui's coming out allthough sense ui is def the best imo i like touchwiz also. motoblur seems generic again thats just imo.

Last edited:

Jvandyke13

Reaction score

On the thread on how to root the fascinate one click method. It tells me to click on the .zip file and then do not touch the phone... So do i need to click on that file on the computer? Seems like i would find it on the phone(sd card) but it never said anything about tranfering it to the sd card.

Download the files/Drivers, Set your phone to debugging and stay awake. then open "fascinateRoot_v02" , Open the folders until you find the dialog box that says "Start_Root" click to open - run, make sure it found your phone, hit any button to root. I will take 3 mins or less. :)

edit - Ps Droid x < Fascinate.......lol

Do you have a rom flashed on yours or just rooted?

UNC

Reaction score

So your telling me motoblur is nice...lol what a joke man. I had the x and It was nice but it was laggy and rebooted about ever other time I unlocked it... Epic fail...
61dda64d-6557-0b65.jpg

Swyped via Fascinate.

Blur doesn't look like it belongs in a pride parade!

And that quadrant score is only slightly better than my year old droid? I thought the Galaxy was a monster?

Mrdanks

Reaction score

61dda64d-6557-0b65.jpg

Swyped via Fascinate.

And that quadrant score is only slightly better than my year old droid? I thought the Galaxy was a monster?

Proof plz?

Swyped via Fascinate.

bL33d

Reaction score
So u think cyanogen mod belongs in a pride parade? The colors are very similar. Ur points seem very chilish btw. You old enough to drive or u one of those kids who parents buy them expensive phones....

Mrdanks

Reaction score
I just want to see a droid one with 1819 quadrant score... Must be in the other category...

Swyped via Fascinate.

jrl9851

Reaction score

61dda64d-6557-0b65.jpg

Swyped via Fascinate.

Difference being that the Droid was on 2.2 and overclocked to 1.25ghz. Nice try though.

The fascinate is on 2.1. On 2.2 it will be over 2000. The mytouch 4g launching with 2.2 is considered one of the fastest phones with the new generation snapdragon and it gets about 1800 on quadrant WITH 2.2

The fascinate it already a beast...with 2.2 it will destroy all.

Good day!

Reaction score
Droid X is a fine phone, and it is fast. The Fascinate is a fine phone, and its fast. Quadrant scores are not directly related to real world applications anyways... So enough, is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.