Hard reset after update...now on the fritz?

tnhockey

Reaction score
I seem to have the worst luck with droid phones. I got the Incredible, loved it at first but then it started having problems like losing its basic functions as a phone i.e. awful reception, constant dropped calls, a joke of battery life.

So I thought I'd "upgrade" to the X after reading some reviews and seeing peoples posts on here. Once again I loved it at first, but since Froyo and especially since my hard reset it works like garbage.

Peoples calls come up as unknown, my ringtone works when it wants to, i receive texts much later than when they were sent and vice versa. The only thing i like more about the X is slightly better reception and great battery life.

The X is just laggy and sluggish imo. I was thinking about going for a Fascinate but people seem to be having issues with that phone as well. I'm out of ideas. I just want a smartphone that works. I dont use my phone for much but when I do I expect it work properly.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm about at my last straw with this thing :icon_evil:
Anyone else not loving their X as much?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
rofl2.gif

The way I read the title, I thought you did a hard reset and now running a new ROM called Fritz
rofl.gif

Sorry I can't help you, good luck

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I seem to have the worst luck with droid phones. I got the Incredible, loved it at first but then it started having problems like losing its basic functions as a phone i.e. awful reception, constant dropped calls, a joke of battery life.

So I thought I'd "upgrade" to the X after reading some reviews and seeing peoples posts on here. Once again I loved it at first, but since Froyo and especially since my hard reset it works like garbage.

Peoples calls come up as unknown, my ringtone works when it wants to, i receive texts much later than when they were sent and vice versa. The only thing i like more about the X is slightly better reception and great battery life.

The X is just laggy and sluggish imo. I was thinking about going for a Fascinate but people seem to be having issues with that phone as well. I'm out of ideas. I just want a smartphone that works. I dont use my phone for much but when I do I expect it work properly.

You my friend have never experienced the joy of owning a Blackberry, particularly a Storm have you?

Are you running task killers, virus protection, anything like that? If so uninstall it. That's probably your issues.

And remember even though everyone says differently it's still a phone, not a computer. You can't expect it to be as fast.

I recently bought an iPad and my Droids 3g browser appears sluggish next to that, but that's not a phone. Your expectations may be a bit too high.

OP
tnhockey

tnhockey

Reaction score

You my friend have never experienced the joy of owning a Blackberry, particularly a Storm have you?

Are you running task killers, virus protection, anything like that? If so uninstall it. That's probably your issues.

And remember even though everyone says differently it's still a phone, not a computer. You can't expect it to be as fast.

I recently bought an iPad and my Droids 3g browser appears sluggish next to that, but that's not a phone. Your expectations may be a bit too high.

Yea I actually came from a Storm 1, then Storm 2 to the Droid1. And it's not the internet speed that I'm upset with. In fact, when I do have reception, it's pretty fast. I mean if I'm on a settings menu and hit home, it seems like it takes longer than it should to get on the home screen. And no, no task killers or virus stuff. It's funny, before I reset the phone I was using a task killer and it worked slightly better.

I guess maybe my expectations were a little high, but from all the awesome things I'd heard about it I guess i just expected more.

PPU2x2

Reaction score
I switched from a palm treo which I loved but wanted to update so went with droid x. There are many great things about the phone but for a smart phone I find it has a lot of issues and limitations. I really want to keep it but getting more frustrated than work done.