Hard Rest Help

UneekOne

Reaction score
Newbie help please. Droid X stuck on M Logo (Bricked) trying to install ROM. Tried SBF but not working. Tried hard factory reset but can't get past the exclamation screen. When I press search key it does nothing. Any help would be great. Remember reading somewhere there's a combination but you can press to get past that screen when search button not working but can't locate thread anywhere. Thanks in advance.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try the volume keys instead of search. I think that may be what you are talking about. So you Redownloaded the full sbf, rsd lite 4.9 and the drivers again just to make sure the files were complete? Also try the sbf on a different computer. This worked for me when I couldn't get it to flash on my laptop.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the way if you can get to the bootloader, it's not bricked. It seldom is. What system are you trying to run the sbf (xp, win7)? All this stuff has an impact on the success of sbf

OP
UneekOne

UneekOne

Reaction score
Thanks. Will try another computer. Tried the volume keys but no luck. Thanks again for the response. Starting to get a little nervous now :unsure:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know that feeling believe me. It sucks. Remember though if you can get in that bootloader, you can sbf

OP
UneekOne

UneekOne

Reaction score
xp. rsd lite 4.9. shadow x6 2.3.34 system. When I Sbf everything seems to be going fine until I get to the screen where it says 100% completed please manually reboot your device. Only problem is the phone is stuck on Motorola Logo screen. ?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, it automatically reboots right and then bootloops on the moto logo? If you got to 100 % and you can unplug, you'll have to go into stock recovery and do a factory reset /wipe data and that should take care of it

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on a d2 so to get in stock recovery on the dx is a different button combo. I believe it's power button while holding home? You may have to look it up. Once you see the triangle with the! Then hit search and scroll down with the volume keys to wipe data and camera button to enter

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm on a d2 so to get in stock recovery on the dx is a different button combo. I believe it's power button while holding home? You may have to look it up. Once you see the triangle with the! Then hit search and scroll down with the volume keys to wipe data and camera button to enter

+1

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
UneekOne

UneekOne

Reaction score
I've done that unfortunately. I can get to the Exclamation screen by holding the Power and Home button. Theoriticly by pressing the search button it will get me to factory reset screen. Only problem is when I hit the search button it does nothing.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man, i've never heard of this happening before. No button combo will pull up the stock recovery list? Not sure... if you boot up normally does it just hang on the logo? Did you let it sit for a reasonable amount of time there? Sometimes it can take a few minutes.

Snow02

Reaction score
And you might want to try a full sbf file. You're using a system only sbf.

OP
UneekOne

UneekOne

Reaction score
Yeah I know. That's what scares me. I've tried every possible button combinations as well as trying 4 to 5 different ways to get to Clockworkmod screen with no luck. And yes tried leaving phone alone for 20 minutes when on Boot logo but nothing happens. Just tried Sbf again with no luck. Says phone is rebooting but, it isn't. Still gets stuck on Motorola Logo screen. Think I've tried everything except throwing it out the window!!! I have a backed up nandroid. Just can't get to the proper screen to utilize it!!!

OP
UneekOne

UneekOne

Reaction score
It's a white M. Where can I find the full sbf file? Will try googling it. Thanks Idopa and Snow02 for the help.