Why I'm getting tired with Android!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessicaJAB

Reaction score
I'm sure this had been addressed elsewhere, but would someone be willing to walk me thru this whole rooting process? I'm totally clueless when it comes to this stuff and seriously nervous about bricking my phone or something. Thankfully I don't have a TON of issues with my TB, but the battery life is killing me.

ocbooger

Reaction score
If you don't want to root than you just have to wait for the update.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

_JDW_

Reaction score
I'm sure this had been addressed elsewhere, but would someone be willing to walk me thru this whole rooting process? I'm totally clueless when it comes to this stuff and seriously nervous about bricking my phone or something. Thankfully I don't have a TON of issues with my TB, but the battery life is killing me.

Check out tb auto root. That's what I did. Very easy.

Booted'n'Rooted. Drinkin Miller Lite-ning!

19thumper76

Reaction score
definitely have to agree its not androids fault, i dont every remember my d1 ever fcing and guess what it was stock android (for a week or two;)). but when it finally died i got a d2g as a warranty replacement and motoblur things fced all the time now im rooted and running cm7 and all of my problems have magically disappeared. so as i see it its the fault of the manufactures and there "custom" software that has caused most of the problems

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
The thunderbolt is a fraud! No netflix, no gingerbread in sight, battery sucks. It's a pretty fast phone though, i'll give that up. It's a new phone so why delay things like these to it. We have older phones out there running gingerbread and the newer TB is not. I know its HTC that needs to push it but why is Android like this?

I am running Gingerbread, sense 3.0, I have Netflix, and my Battery lasts all day. If you're not going to hack your Android and flash roms, then you're better off with an IPhone

Well said. Agree 100%

Sent from my 2.3.4 Incredible Obsession

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Lol what he said ^ your thread just got owned.

Gingercomb :: Liberty v9

Please don't do another post like this. It's antagonistic and not in the spirit of this forum.

And incredibly lame.

And for the millionth time...you should not have to jump through any of these hoops in order for a phone any phone to function properly or give you decent battery life

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I wouldn't call it jumping through hoops...the rooting process is incredibly easy...running some cyanogenmod 7 on your tbolt will make you forget about fruity products altogether

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

OP
305rev305

305rev305

Reaction score
Please don't do another post like this. It's antagonistic and not in the spirit of this forum.

And incredibly lame.

And for the millionth time...you should not have to jump through any of these hoops in order for a phone any phone to function properly or give you decent battery life

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I wouldn't call it jumping through hoops...the rooting process is incredibly easy...running some cyanogenmod 7 on your tbolt will make you forget about fruity products altogether

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Can u tell me how's the beat way to get CM7? ROM Manager app??

bobotoimp

Reaction score
Let's put things onto perspective, "IT'S ONLY A PHONE, MAKE YOUR CALLS AND DEAL WITH IT", Thank you.

Sent by the one and only Chitownbrez!!!

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
The thunderbolt is a fraud! No netflix, no gingerbread in sight, battery sucks. It's a pretty fast phone though, i'll give that up. It's a new phone so why delay things like these to it. We have older phones out there running gingerbread and the newer TB is not. I know its HTC that needs to push it but why is Android like this?

Agreed. This is the fragmentation that Steve Jobs was predicting. I kinda wrote him off as a hater last year, but it looks like he was right. If this crap gets much worse, it cause seriously slow down the Android bandwagon.

Rooting and hacking is not a solution as most people arent cell phone enthusiasts and hobbyists. Like me, they dont want to do a bunch of geek stuff to get Skype and Netflix video working. They just want it to work.

kingsway8605

Reaction score

Nice try Steve Jobs

Sent from my Droid Bionic

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

Nice try Steve Jobs

Hate to say it, but Jobs is being proved right. Even Google has recognized this problem recently. Android is fragmenting. For example, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab and couldnt run HBO Go on it because HBO Go doesnt run on Android 3.x.. If I had a Ipad running IOS, I wouldnt have had this problem.

Technoman

Reaction score

Nice try Steve Jobs

Hate to say it, but Jobs is being proved right. Even Google has recognized this problem recently. Android is fragmenting. For example, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab and couldnt run HBO Go on it because HBO Go doesnt run on Android 3.x.. If I had a Ipad running IOS, I wouldnt have had this problem.

No, but you would have an Apple Ipad and other issues.... if you think Apple products are perfect, then buy them. I will tell you the only thing perfect in Apple products is the control that Apple has over the buyer!

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Nice try Steve Jobs

Its called Android ICS... its supposed to stop most of it.

And Jobs can't be right about anything. He's the guy that thinks Adobe Flash shouldn't be on phones.
Ill take him seriously once he gets a real browser on the iPhone.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
No, but you would have an Apple Ipad and other issues.... if you think Apple products are perfect, then buy them. I will tell you the only thing perfect in Apple products is the control that Apple has over the buyer!

And denial of a current weakness in Android is ludicrous. Instead of spending all the time hating on Apple, why not put some of that voice up the line to Android to bring consistency to the platform. Please knock off the immature attitude that Android owners are so much better than Apply buyers. That's incredibly annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.