Why I'm getting tired with Android!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
And Jobs can't be right about anything. He's the guy that thinks Adobe Flash shouldn't be on phones.
Ill take him seriously once he gets a real browser on the iPhone.

If he's so wrong about Flash, why are so many others adopting HTML 5? Even Adobe admits that Flash is far from a perfect solution. It's a resource hog that acts as an intermediate on platforms. HTML 5 is pure coding and much more efficient.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
No, but you would have an Apple Ipad and other issues.... if you think Apple products are perfect, then buy them. I will tell you the only thing perfect in Apple products is the control that Apple has over the buyer!

And denial of a current weakness in Android is ludicrous. Instead of spending all the time hating on Apple, why not put some of that voice up the line to Android to bring consistency to the platform. Please knock off the immature attitude that Android owners are so much better than Apply buyers. That's incredibly annoying.

This site is called, "droidforums.net."

You might expect a few of the people to prefer Android, and hate Apple.
Its not really hating on Apple. The truth is, when you own an iPhone, its really not yours. Steve Jobs has more control than you do over the device that the buyer spent his money on.

alboboy10

Reaction score
The thunderbolt is a fraud! No netflix, no gingerbread in sight, battery sucks. It's a pretty fast phone though, i'll give that up. It's a new phone so why delay things like these to it. We have older phones out there running gingerbread and the newer TB is not. I know its HTC that needs to push it but why is Android like this?

Agreed. This is the fragmentation that Steve Jobs was predicting. I kinda wrote him off as a hater last year, but it looks like he was right. If this crap gets much worse, it cause seriously slow down the Android bandwagon.

Rooting and hacking is not a solution as most people arent cell phone enthusiasts and hobbyists. Like me, they dont want to do a bunch of geek stuff to get Skype and Netflix video working. They just want it to work.

haha are you kidding? The way android is growing...you really think they'll lose customers any time soon? I've gone through like five androids, played with friends iphones...and even when I've hated my android I didn't contemplate getting anything else.

Android is gonna be around for a while, apple is dying slowly. The only people buying apple are the fan boys who have mac, ipad, ipod, iphone and if apple makes a car they'll get the icar too. Apple is pretty, android is functional.

Apple isn't that great a device without hacking...and even then the only thing u can do with it is get free apps. Something u can do with android with no root.

The day android will begin to fall is the day they completely dominate all phones sales...even then just because there's so many companies building android devices still won't happen.

Technoman

Reaction score
No, but you would have an Apple Ipad and other issues.... if you think Apple products are perfect, then buy them. I will tell you the only thing perfect in Apple products is the control that Apple has over the buyer!

And denial of a current weakness in Android is ludicrous. Instead of spending all the time hating on Apple, why not put some of that voice up the line to Android to bring consistency to the platform. Please knock off the immature attitude that Android owners are so much better than Apply buyers. That's incredibly annoying.

And what is even more ludicrous is having a moderator personally attack me for attacking Apple!! Not really the code of the forum now is it? Been here since my D1, and never had a mod attack me like this...

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

And what is even more ludicrous is having a moderator personally attack me for attacking Apple!! Not really the code of the forum now is it? Been here since my D1, and never had a mod attack me like this...

You really think that is an attack on you? Please feel free to notify the admin about my post. Or any of the other moderators. I'll await their decision on my post.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
The thunderbolt is a fraud! No netflix, no gingerbread in sight, battery sucks. It's a pretty fast phone though, i'll give that up. It's a new phone so why delay things like these to it. We have older phones out there running gingerbread and the newer TB is not. I know its HTC that needs to push it but why is Android like this?

Agreed. This is the fragmentation that Steve Jobs was predicting. I kinda wrote him off as a hater last year, but it looks like he was right. If this crap gets much worse, it cause seriously slow down the Android bandwagon.

Rooting and hacking is not a solution as most people arent cell phone enthusiasts and hobbyists. Like me, they dont want to do a bunch of geek stuff to get Skype and Netflix video working. They just want it to work.

haha are you kidding? The way android is growing...you really think they'll lose customers any time soon? I've gone through like five androids, played with friends iphones...and even when I've hated my android I didn't contemplate getting anything else.

Android is gonna be around for a while, apple is dying slowly. The only people buying apple are the fan boys who have mac, ipad, ipod, iphone and if apple makes a car they'll get the icar too. Apple is pretty, android is functional.

Apple isn't that great a device without hacking...and even then the only thing u can do with it is get free apps. Something u can do with android with no root.

The day android will begin to fall is the day they completely dominate all phones sales...even then just because there's so many companies building android devices still won't happen.

Exactly.
There are now 500k android devices activated each day. (AND growing)
The iPhone is becoming less and less popular. Sure its still good, but its being overshadowed by FAR superior Android phones.

The HTC Sensation/Droid Bionic/Galaxy S2/Nexus Prime/etc, all will probably beat the iPhone 5 in specs.

You also hit the nail on who is still buying apple devices. Its mostly just the people who always support apple, and the people who have no idea that there are better options.

And there are newer and newer Android phones coming out monthly. There are so many options, there will always be something for pretty much everyone.
With one iPhone releasing every year, you have to like what they have, and you have no other options.

Apple may be a great company, but they are beginning to lose in terms of smartphones, and even tablets.
The iPod is the only thing that is still ahead of the competition.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This may be Droid forums but there is nothing wrong with comparing to Apple. Android has done many good things but it still has ways to go. I like what Samsung and LG are doing and the better Android gets the more it pushes Apple and vice versa. Android is even taking affect on Apple just look at Ios where they are using notification bars. But though Android is my os of choice I have to admit that though its constantly evolving into a power house it still have have areas where it needs improvement.

sent from droidforums app

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Nice try Steve Jobs

Sent from my Droid Bionic

Hate to say it, but Jobs is being proved right. Even Google has recognized this problem recently. Android is fragmenting. For example, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab and couldnt run HBO Go on it because HBO Go doesnt run on Android 3.x.. If I had a Ipad running IOS, I wouldnt have had this problem.

Its called Android ICS... its supposed to stop most of it.

And Jobs can't be right about anything. He's the guy that thinks Adobe Flash shouldn't be on phones.
Ill take him seriously once he gets a real browser on the iPhone.

Im thinking Flash is a bit overrated.

Since I couldnt run the HBO Go app on my tablet, I thought, "No problem.. this thing has Flash. Ill just go to the HBO Go website and watch the videos from there!"

That failed. I took the returned the tablet to Best Buy. When I brought it back, the girl wanted the geek squad to troubleshoot it. Then another CS rep tells her, "Just do the return, these things are coming back left and right"

So, yes I do think Android's fragmentation has the potential to slow down sales. It wont be the utter downfall of the platform. Google wont let it get that far (I Hope) .. but when people get these devices home and realize they can do all the cool stuff that iDevices can do.. it will have an effect.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

I dont think he's attacking you. He's just pointing out how fanatical Android people are becoming. I constantly see Android people attacking Apple users for being sheep and pointing out the problems with IOS. Yet if someone points out a real flaw with Android, those same people refuse to even acknowledge it and get all offended.

Im sorry, but the fact that Android Tablets cant run apps like HBO Go is an issue. The fact that most Android Handsets cant use Skype or Netflix without arcane cell phone modification knowledge is an issue. It's a problem that even Google has admitted and is addressing, so acting like someone is attacking you when they point it out is ridiculous.

Technoman

Reaction score
Wrong, when someone directs a message at you and TELLS you to use your voice in a particular way that is a personal attack. No matter that he is a moderator, the rules still apply. My comments were directed toward Apple and Apple products and are my opinion, and therefore are not attacks on a person. That is the forum rules as I know them and have known them to be for the years that I have been here.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Like I said, feel free to go ahead and forward a message to the other mods and admin regarding my post. Two have looked at it already and said that was far from an attack. I can point out true attacks on this forum by other members if you would like. There are plenty here.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is getting off topic. I agree that Android users are getting defensive about the OS. You can be critical of Android and still be a fan.

sent from droidforums app

Technoman

Reaction score
jkhonea, I have seen and reported plenty of attacks for others on here. If you look at our join dates, I have actually been on here longer than you have. Call it what you must to justify your end, but I do consider it an attack just not as glaring as some.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Call it whatever you like, it's not an attack no matter how many times you tell yourself that.

But please, y'all go back to telling everyone how evil and terrible Apple is and how faultless Android is. Whatever floats your boat.

Oh, and you have one more month on me. I would hardly call that an immense time difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.