Picking up a Thunderbolt? State your reasons why...

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by JFMFT, Feb 5, 2011.

1. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't need dual core yet, as technology it'll be underutilized & buggy at first. Software on Bionic will probably cause some lag, even though hardware is powerful. Second gen Snapdragon on TB has been tried and tested, so bugs will be worked out, it'll be super fast and smooth, HTC has been using its software for awhile. I prefer HTC & Sense to Moto & Blur. I don't need HDMI port. 32GB microSD card included. TB has more RAM. TB has kickstand, external speaker. TB is releasing much sooner, can't wait to upgrade much longer. TB is easier to permanently root and will have much more developer support (more tweakable, customizable). HTC gets update support before all others. TB looks better (personal preference). TB has better FFC and possibly even better rear facing camera. TB has integrated Skype ("baked-in"). Bionic's advantages are not close to sway me from TB. I was on the fence at first, but after extensive research I clearly prefer TB.

2. TasteMyDNA

TasteMyDNA New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting it for the following reasons:
    1) I just won one....
    2) Have the Incredible.... love it... and only expect the Thunderbolt to be bigger, better, and faster. :)
    3) Had Motorola Droid (It was okay for it's time, but my daughter uses it now and it's glitchy. Had the Motorola Droid X, and it froze often, or needed battery pulls daily, so I went back to the Incredible.

3. Mwsr

Mwsr Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Because I now have a fascinate

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

4. Arachnidus

Arachnidus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I got my Droid 2 on the upgrade program they were offering back in August when it first released, but now I want to get a Thunderbolt. Problem is, I don't have an upgrade or $779 to spend on one. Any chance I can bludgeon Verizon into moving my last New Every 2 upgrade into, say, now?

5. dll1477

dll1477 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    good comments in here and good sound functional reaons to buy the TB. I'll add one more: it represents the best chance, should VZW raise the price on 4G data plans at a later date, to grandfather in at $30/mo ($24 for me. yay). I'm accelerating my last "early upgrade" and forfieting my last remaing NE2 upgrade to get in on this possibility. here's hoping the 4G data plans will start out the same as they are now, and that they dont release the TB with a 4G surcharge.

6. v4npro

v4npro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking about getting the TB over my DroidX. Unlocked bootloader and it's HTC is my reason.

7. dll1477

dll1477 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I see comments pointing to HTC' historical attitude towards rooting (i.e. softer than MOTO who is really coming down hard on the practice). But has it really been confirmed/proven that the TB actually has an unlocked bootloader? or just that history tells us that it will be easier to root (circumvent the bootloader).

8. Woodstorm

Woodstorm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely. I have been having second thoughts about picking up the TBolt but realized I could be missing out on the opportunity to lock in to the price for future savings. Then again, Verizon is worried about taking care of their customers. They would never change pricing on data, would they?:icon_eek:

9. ridobe

ridobe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I'm all for getting the TB as well but these guys are just about to put out OMFGB (gingerbread) for the Eris. He has it working but still has a few kinks to work out. I'm running it on my Dinc now. He is selling his spare Dinc in order to subsidize a new TB. He will be creating an OMFGB for the TB as soon as it is rootable.

10. Element Box

Element Box Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First smartphone, why not hop in at the LTE Revolution!
    Owned some Motorola phones and had awful experiences, so bring on HTC.
    Sense 2.0 and online integration is another plus.
    Kickstand will come in handy
    4.3-inch screen is great for web surfing, videos, games, and all that jazz
    Skype integration and front-facing camera
    Oh and not to mention 32 GB pre-installed SD card!

11. Woodstorm

Woodstorm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    GB is available now. Running it with no problems in the Eris. Link power activate!

cm7! - Android Forums

12. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    You got it right, not technicaly "unlocked" but easier to permanently root. You can do more as far as controlling and customizing the device with an HTC than a Moto. HTC's recent phones have been "locked" but were easily broken in a few weeks. Moto devices can be rooted, but it is much harder and you cannot do as much with them.