who thinks iphone 5 will be better than bionic?

mach330

Reaction score
what a joke..no 5..just 4s. i'm guessing early next yr for 5 with lte.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Now I understand why Apple is suing Samsung. They want to make up for iPhone profits with piggybacking off of Samsung's profits. They may produce a iPhone 5 next year, but by then there might be a SGIII and everyone else will have caught up to Samsung. Looks like I might be getting a Bionic.

M

Mullensbb

I think it will definitely be a better phone over all than the bionic...I don't think the bionic is even on the top 5 Androids considering all the complaints people have about it. So comparing it to a phone that is just coming out isn't fair either.

I would consider leaving Android for an iPhone but a lot of things would need to change...for one navigation, built in with google maps. I feel like all Android phones lately have terrible gps. Apple would need to do better business and stop suing every one...this has made me not want me to give them my money.

and the only reason I even care to change anymore is cause I stopped carrying about phones. I don't wanna root my phone in the future don't wanna mess with it just want it to work great out of the box.

just another non objective opinion a bionic hater, go read all the praises for it. because you don't like it you only read what you want to hear. just like every other phone there are some bugs but thats how every phone is when it first comes out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stay tuned iphone 5 next year lol

2012 and no 4g... wake up

BlownSi05

Reaction score
Operating system, yes. Android has not achieved the stability and speed yet of iOS. Ease of use, yes, as it is extremely intuitive, especially iOS 5. Battery life, sorry Droid peeps, I have yet to see a Droid phone with the battery capability of the iPhone 4. Customization, of course not. Apple fails horribly in this category and I don't think it will change anytime soon. Android also destroys, IMO, iOS as far as apps. Most of the apps with Apple to me are just useless. Even though Android has less apps (but is quickly catching Apple), the Android apps to me seem to have more variety and more apps that are actually useful, especially for making the phone your own! Is the iPhone 4S better than the Bionic....I say no.

I have an iPhone 4 right now, and am coming back to a Droid. The Apple "kool-aid" drinkers can keep their completely Apple-controlled and locked phone. I want a phone that is fun to play with and make my own, does not require stupid iTunes, and continues to improve and develop.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Im just getting sick of reading it in the bionic section lol

Neilsens reports 43% androids 28% iphones.... and I don't see that changing anytime soon.... they might sell more devices over a month or two but for the year android rules

Wow those are pretty large numbers for the iphone considering it is only made by one manufacturer and is only offered on 2 carriers. How many manufactures makes an android based phone and how many carries can you purchase a android phone with? A lot more than one or two.

scdown

Reaction score
I dunno, is it me, or are iPhone's app icons a little too 2007? The UI on the phone hasn't really changed that much, except for a notification bar now. The screen real estate is dated, and still no control over what goes on your home screen?

The hardware is really at a point now where it's less about the Ghz/GB/MP/resolution, and more about the user experience. Most of the comparisons we draw to the Bionic are really applicable to most modern phones on the platform.

I can say this - I'd love to have Apple-style voice recognition on my Android phone!

Reaction score
Isn't this like comparing Apples to... idk, Gold?

Go to the apple forum and post this to see the exact opposite of the posts you read here.

Specs don't matter, style doesn't matter. If it is shiny with an Apple on it, Apple fan boys will think it is better; if it says Droooid every time you get a text, Droid fan boys (me) will think it's better.

yiannis

Reaction score
Its camera may be better, the screen may be better to look at, but whatever it may be name it is still an application machine with a slow internet connection as opposed to a miniaturized, somewhat customizable, somewhat limited portable computer on a fast internet connection.

billyk

Reaction score
For Apple it's a big swing-and-a-miss, IMO.

I heard some Apple sheep yesterday on a radio talk show after the 4S announcement and their chatting-up of the new phone was related to things like: "but the OS has new features", and "it's thinner".

Really?
This is 2012!

Check Apple's stock today. I am soooooo happy to be rockin' a Bionic!!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow those are pretty large numbers for the iphone considering it is only made by one manufacturer and is only offered on 2 carriers. How many manufactures makes an android based phone and how many carries can you purchase a android phone with? A lot more than one or two.

Doesn't matter when iphone was just on AT&T it controlled the market share but now that android has been putting out quality phones there's no getting around picking an iphone over it.... we get androids because we can pick the service, the size, the functionality, the data speed, customizing, the physical keyboard or candy bar.... u pick a phone that suits you not a company telling u what u need and this is the product take it or leave it.... the iphone 4s will sell no doubt.... a lot of ppl like to stay w what they know and in this horrible case its almost identical to the older ones w a few new features..... im sending this out on my 56k modem cuz broadband isn't a big deal

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Check Apple's stock today. I am soooooo happy to be rockin' a Bionic!!

I know!!!

I own a Bionic too, and I'm trying to free up some funds to go out and buy some Apple stock now that it's dropped significantly just over this announcement.

It's the old "buy low, sell high" addage... Smart money says Apple stock won't stay down for long so get it while it's hot (and low!!).

Opportunities like this don't come around very often folks!!