who here is upgrading to the Galaxy S III

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I personally would not take a Samsung phone if someone gave it to me free! Dealing with the charge was a disaster.

I have several friends with galaxy 2s on a different network and they have constant problems with their phones.

HTC phones just work for me and the rezound does not have a single phone competitor currently with Verizon in my opinion.
Not a big Samsung fan myself, that's why it's hard for me to give up my Rezound, but don't want my last upgrade "at subsidized $" with unlimited data to go to waste, still have 4 days to think about it. If they had the HTC ONE X I would have already made the upgrade.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Easy solution. Don't be a first adopter. Wait till the phone comes to your provider and read the impressions. It was quite clear from early on the Gnex radio was awful unless you had towers in close proximity. The boards were full of complaints. Thankfully I didn't wait around for a fix that never came. The phone was in and out of my hands in just one week.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud

Good point/comment Schimm!
And Cyber, you do NOT have to purchase has the GS3 at full price in order to keep your unlimited plan. There are a bunch of us on the GS3 forums that upgraded & kept our unlimited plans without paying full price. (as long as you're an existing customer WITH unlimited data) FWIW, the ONLY Samsung phone that had radio issues was the Gnex. The Galaxy 1 & 2 both had amazing radios, and I expect the 3 will as well. Yeah, they dropped the ball on the Gnex, but assuming ALL Samsung phones are the same, is just poor, uninformative thinking.

**tap'n**

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
OK let's be adults here..no flaming..only warning

Sent from my Paranoid Android Galaxy Nexus

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good point/comment Schimm!
And Cyber, you do NOT have to purchase has the GS3 at full price in order to keep your unlimited plan. There are a bunch of us on the GS3 forums that upgraded & kept our unlimited plans without paying full price. (as long as you're an existing customer WITH unlimited data) FWIW, the ONLY Samsung phone that had radio issues was the Gnex. The Galaxy 1 & 2 both had amazing radios, and I expect the 3 will as well. Yeah, they dropped the ball on the Gnex, but assuming ALL Samsung phones are the same, is just poor, uninformative thinking.

**tap'n**
I know about not having to pay full price, but if I upgrade after the 28th with discounted price my unlimited is NO MORE, plus in regards to the Gnex it use TI chipset, reason for the LTE issues, Qualcomm is the only chipset maker to date that has a solid 4G/3G chipset, that's from reading all the complaints on the WWW.

jonpearson

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
Not a big Samsung fan myself, that's why it's hard for me to give up my Rezound, but don't want my last upgrade "at subsidized $" with unlimited data to go to waste, still have 4 days to think about it. If they had the HTC ONE X I would have already made the upgrade.

Totally agree if the One X was on Verizon it would be a no brainer for me. But since I have this incredible phone to fall back on(Rezound)I'm gonna give the sgs3 a shot.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I know about not having to pay full price, but if I upgrade after the 28th with discounted price my unlimited is NO MORE, plus in regards to the Gnex it use TI chipset, reason for the LTE issues, Qualcomm is the only chipset maker to date that has a solid 4G/3G chipset, that's from reading all the complaints on the WWW.

Good point. I was told by Verizon, unlimited was going away July 1st. Regardless, its only a few days difference, and if you're not eligible for an upgrade within that time frame its a moot point anyways, so I see what you mean :)

**tap'n**

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just preordered one today to lock in my unlimited. Gonna give it a try but not sure if I will keep it or flip it. Depends on reception. If it is anything like my G'Nex I will be selling it. Hoping not though.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Yeah I really wish VZW had a version of the One X. Been wanting to give a high end HTC device a whirl. Only HTC device I have owned is an Eris. And that was for like two weeks.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
The only phone Verizon have similar is htc rezound if had s4 instead of s3 it would basicly be the same phone from att version.

But rezound have highest ppi with 336. Hd display something one x don't have is ppi high

Yeah I really wish VZW had a version of the One X. Been wanting to give a high end HTC device a whirl. Only HTC device I have owned is an Eris. And that was for like two weeks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:

No thanks. I had my fair share of Samsung phones and will never go back. I have always been a HTC hater until I tried the Rezound. Have you ever owned a Samsung phone before? To me, it doesn't matter what they put in that phone. Everyone hyped up the gnex and look at it now. The Rezound was always on the down low and its been the best all around phone out there for Verizon.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing making me still hesitant about the Galaxy S3 is the reviews are not too keen on the display, and it does not include the ICS feature of beign able to move at least a dozen apps into one folder cube on your desk top " they have implemented their own type of folder system, other than that the phone has the 28nm S4 Krait chip which outperforms the S3 45nm chip two fold, plus it has 2GB of Ram " no lag for multitasking", it does l ook butter smooth moving the screens around, and web browsing and scrolling looks fast and smooth. And to add119 the Rezound has 342 ppi.

Or maybe I'll just wait and go this route :icon_ devil: [video=youtube;Yy2xpfuqgfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy2xpfuqgfo&feature=plcp[/video]

This one is a bit long, I suggest opening it up on the YouTube channel [video=youtube;royJee1SQlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=royJee1SQlY&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Eeew...gross.

The main thing that will forever prevent me from going to Windows phone is the fact that it is a closed system. We already have a company that has perfected the closed system model...we don't need two.

I do kinda like WP, I just don't see what it is adding. Everything it does Android also does, often much better. Widgets will do everything live tiles can do and more. They can even do it all from the lock screen. Notifications are still better on Android. And Android has true app integration, which WP8 will not have and likely WP will never have.

I like choices.

JeffDenver

Reaction score

acousticshade

Reaction score
Yea, the rezound screen is so sharp compared to the other screens. The one thing I didn't like about the gnex was that when you turned the brightness below about 80% the screen looked dull & washed out. Wondering if the s3 will suffer from that problem.