who here is upgrading to the Galaxy S III

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I "bought" my Rezound on January, and am very happy with it, once I "we" get ICS it should be even sweeter.
So how many here are going the Samsung route, not me, even though I am eligible for an upgrade "not tying myself up for another two years" not to crazy about Samsung devices anyways.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Droid Forums

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would but I used my upgrade on the Rezound and I'm not paying $700 for another phone. However if I can get a good deal on one later this year I might pick one up. I'm not as stigmatized about particular brands. I have the Galaxy Nexus and I like it.

Reaction score
Not me! I love my rezound and can only imagine how much better it is going to be with ics.

I had a Samsung charge and always felt.like that phone was glitchy. Maybe it was just that particular model as I have never had a Samsung phone before.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I would but only if the radio antenna is as good as my resound or better. I had the gnex and the radio antenna on it was really bad. Just as bad as the bionic. Maybe alittle bit better. But as of right now the Rezound is overall the best phone out there for Verizon. I am even loving the clean Rom standard edition ics leak. Phone runs flawless.

tobiasg

Reaction score
But as of right now the Rezound is overall the best phone out there for Verizon. I am even loving the clean Rom standard edition ics leak. Phone runs flawless.

Agree 100% with everything you said. The ICS leak has been running perfectly on my phone.

NeoLogic

Reaction score
I love my Rezound. Only phone I would upgrade to is an HTC one series... But that's not happening.

Rezound is the most underrated phone on vzw. I feel it's the best phone offered...and probably for some time to come too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

tc1

Reaction score
Pretty happy with the rezound,plus I'm getting tired of forking over hundreds of dollars on a new phone. Then even more money of a different car dock and case.

Also, I would wait to make sure the s3 had good radios and reception like I did with the gnex.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
tc1 said:
Pretty happy with the rezound,plus I'm getting tired of forking over hundreds of dollars on a new phone. Then even more money of a different car dock and case.

Also, I would wait to make sure the s3 had good radios and reception like I did with the gnex.

So true. I jumped ship when I had the Rezound when it first came out and got the gnex. The radios and reception was really bad. I went from having 4g at my house to not having 4g with the gnex. Should've waited.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Looking forward to upgrading to the GS3! My Fascinate has served me very well over the past 18 months, time for something new.
:D

**tap'n**

altjx

Reaction score
Got my MAXX not too long ago and I'm debating on this. I heard of friends who were able to exchange new phones within 30 days if something like this happen (new phone came out), but I'm unsure how successful I'd be.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind keeping the RAZR MAXX.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

Last edited:

HowardZ

Reaction score
... as of right now the Rezound is overall the best phone out there for Verizon. I am even loving the clean Rom standard edition ics leak. Phone runs flawless.

Verizon has the best network.

Rezound seems to be the best phone on the Verizon network.
It seems to be the only phone with a good reliable 3G and 4G radio.

Rezound (and Thunderbolt) are the only phones where one can turn off Rev A. eHRPD - for a truely 3G only experience. Where the phone will truely work like a regular 3G phone (in an area with no 4G).

I have read many reports from Samsung Galaxy Nexus owners about problems with 4G, and that even in 3G it does not perform as well as an older 3G-only phone.

Now, this Samsung Galaxy S III - The US version is a 1.5 Ghz dual core CPU - like the rezound has. It does have double the memory of the rezound, but I am not aware that we have a need for more memory at this time. Does the SIII radio work well? I have read nothing saying it is better than the Galaxy Nexus radio.

Despite other bells and whistles, we want the basic Phone and basic Data to work well. I am only aware of one Verizon phone that works well - and it is the Rezound. Apparently only HTC knows how to do this at the present time on Verizon's network. Unless Verizon is secretly planning on adapting the HTC One series, the rezound will remain the best phone in the foreseeable future.

I have read - later this year Google is going to select 5 new nexus devices which will get timely operating system updates. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is currently the only Nexus phone and this is its one and only appealing feature - and it will be gone end of the year when there will be 5 new nexus devices. I bet to avoid lawsuits Google will spread the selected Nexus devices over many manufacturers. Hopefully only of the nexus devices will be made by HTC. This next HTC Nexus phone will be on my wish list - assuming it is a phone supported by Verizon.

Howard

goosedeath

Reaction score
As a current G'Nex owner and user, I don't think I'm ever touching a Samsung phone ever again. Ever. I chose it due to being a Nexus device, as rooting and unrooting were quite simple to do. I was under the understanding that Google would support this phone, that support has been well below expectations as well as the reliability and performance of the radios. I also was under the impression that there were standards, high standards for the manufacturer of a Nexus branded device. My thoughts on that are now very different.
Vzw's customer support through my ordeals w/ the G'nex have been commendable for the most part. However, after opening two trouble tickets, one for the phone itself due to signal drop, and the other for the network, I have mixed feelings. In regards to the network trouble ticket, they told me I'm in a fringe area where I'm having trouble, which is at home, in the middle of Phoenix, AZ! I have 3/4 bars, no less of 4g. They went on to say there may not be enough network capacity on the towers near my home, which is where ALL of my troubles w/ 4g signal drops have been. 3g, is fine. They seemed uninterested in doing anything about the network saying they'll increase as needed. "Uh, if that's the issue that you're at capacity, and people can't make calls, then you need to upgrade!" But I digress...
I'm also on my second G'nex. The first one couldn't help but reboot multiple times a day on its own. Rooting didn't help, romming didn't help. Reps at the store, "just pull the battery". Second phone better, but the data drops have been an on and off again issue. I don't have the background or expertise to determine if it's vzw or my phones hardware/software. However, they need to fix it. I'm not paying a premium on vzw's service using a 4g phone to be stuck in 3g so I'm not in constant fear of missing an important call/txt or dropping a call.

I should have gotten a HTC.... lesson learned. Moto would be on my radar if they didn't lock their bootloaders.... Or I should have just kept using my OG Droid.

Rant over.

jonpearson

Reaction score
Since I have an upgrade and I don't like any other phone on Verizon besides this wonderfully amazing Rezound, I'm gonna give the sgs3 a shot...but I'm definitely gonna keep my Rezound just in cause I don't like it......two areas of concern are the screen and picture quality because the Rezound so far has the best screen and picture quality than any phone I have had.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
goosedeath said:
As a current G'Nex owner and user, I don't think I'm ever touching a Samsung phone ever again. Ever. I chose it due to being a Nexus device, as rooting and unrooting were quite simple to do. I was under the understanding that Google would support this phone, that support has been well below expectations as well as the reliability and performance of the radios. I also was under the impression that there were standards, high standards for the manufacturer of a Nexus branded device. My thoughts on that are now very different.
Vzw's customer support through my ordeals w/ the G'nex have been commendable for the most part. However, after opening two trouble tickets, one for the phone itself due to signal drop, and the other for the network, I have mixed feelings. In regards to the network trouble ticket, they told me I'm in a fringe area where I'm having trouble, which is at home, in the middle of Phoenix, AZ! I have 3/4 bars, no less of 4g. They went on to say there may not be enough network capacity on the towers near my home, which is where ALL of my troubles w/ 4g signal drops have been. 3g, is fine. They seemed uninterested in doing anything about the network saying they'll increase as needed. "Uh, if that's the issue that you're at capacity, and people can't make calls, then you need to upgrade!" But I digress...
I'm also on my second G'nex. The first one couldn't help but reboot multiple times a day on its own. Rooting didn't help, romming didn't help. Reps at the store, "just pull the battery". Second phone better, but the data drops have been an on and off again issue. I don't have the background or expertise to determine if it's vzw or my phones hardware/software. However, they need to fix it. I'm not paying a premium on vzw's service using a 4g phone to be stuck in 3g so I'm not in constant fear of missing an important call/txt or dropping a call.

I should have gotten a HTC.... lesson learned. Moto would be on my radar if they didn't lock their bootloaders.... Or I should have just kept using my OG Droid.

Rant over.

So true as I learned my lesson also and will never make that mistake again. I actually gave my wife the gnex. After awhile of her dealing with signal issues the phone finally took a crap and they sent her a refurbished gnex. Well after 2 days that one took a crap also. So they were going to send my wife another refurbished gnex. I told them no and gave them reasons why and they asked me to choose between the Rezound or the Razr Maxx. So I choose the Rezound for her cause I wanted her to have good reliable 4g at my house and all around.

Issemann

Reaction score
I would but only if the radio antenna is as good as my resound or better. I had the gnex and the radio antenna on it was really bad. Just as bad as the bionic. Maybe alittle bit better. But as of right now the Rezound is overall the best phone out there for Verizon. I am even loving the clean Rom standard edition ics leak. Phone runs flawless.

Did the new leak fix the brightness issue when taking pics?

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM