who here is upgrading to the Galaxy S III

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The radios in the S3 are not the same as the Gnex, the radios in the S3 are Qualcomm radios and not TI ones, plus the new S4 Krait chipset has the 4g LTE/3g radios from Qualcomm build into the chipset itself, which means a more power efficient system, less battery drain looking for signal "shorter path to the 4G/3G chipset".

Last edited:

Schimm

Reaction score
Thats good to know. In seen a lot of smack written about Sammy radios and I tried the Gnex and performance was unacceptable.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.

shockracer

Reaction score
You said it, but still have this upgrade that is itching in my pants, maybe it's all just hype, as my Rezound does everything I need it to do and it does it well, but the S3 does look like a nice device.

A second Rezound? dancedroid

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Schimm said:
Thats good to know. In seen a lot of smack written about Sammy radios and I tried the Gnex and performance was unacceptable.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.

Yup and I to traded back my first Rezound when it first came out and jumped up the gnex bandwagon. Biggest mistake I made. The radios really suck on the phone and where I live I live in a fringe 4g area. And out of all the 4g phones that Verizon has the Rezound was the only phone that could hold a 4g signal. The gnex couldn't get even 4g at my home. I gave it to my wife and I ended up trying a Razr which still wasn't good as the Rezound.

So I would think the S3 would have the same radios as the gnex. So do you want to trade off a great radio for a POS radio that Sammy has. I wouldn't. If I am paying $30 a month for 4g service I better have the service especially if I am suppose to have it in my area. I love my Rezound and could only see myself upgrading to another HTC phone that is better than the Rezound and has the same radios.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup and I to traded back my first Rezound when it first came out and jumped up the gnex bandwagon. Biggest mistake I made. The radios really suck on the phone and where I live I live in a fringe 4g area. And out of all the 4g phones that Verizon has the Rezound was the only phone that could hold a 4g signal. The gnex couldn't get even 4g at my home. I gave it to my wife and I ended up trying a Razr which still wasn't good as the Rezound.

So I would think the S3 would have the same radios as the gnex. So do you want to trade off a great radio for a POS radio that Sammy has. I wouldn't. If I am paying $30 a month for 4g service I better have the service especially if I am suppose to have it in my area. I love my Rezound and could only see myself upgrading to another HTC phone that is better than the Rezound and has the same radios.
Did you read my previous post, please read again, and just do a Google search if you need more info before posting uninformative garbage.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
Did you read my previous post, please read again, and just do a Google search if you need more info before posting uninformative garbage.

Use your upgrade and report back here on how the phone is. LOL

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
crxlsturbo said:
Use your upgrade and report back here on how the phone is. LOL

You can try your sarcasm somewhere else kid, by the way I could care less what you think, and from the looks of your prrevious post, there is not much thinking going on, LOL.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Schimm

Reaction score
Easy solution. Don't be a first adopter. Wait till the phone comes to your provider and read the impressions. It was quite clear from early on the Gnex radio was awful unless you had towers in close proximity. The boards were full of complaints. Thankfully I didn't wait around for a fix that never came. The phone was in and out of my hands in just one week.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Easy solution. Don't be a first adopter. Wait till the phone comes to your provider and read the impressions. It was quite clear from early on the Gnex radio was awful unless you had towers in close proximity. The boards were full of complaints. Thankfully I didn't wait around for a fix that never came. The phone was in and out of my hands in just one week.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud
If I decide to do that then I would have to pay full price for the phone up front to keep my unlimited data plan, if I decide to upgrade after the June 28th at discounted price "reduced upfront cost, and payed off over the next two years" I would no longer be able to keep my unlimited data or for that matter anything in my old plan, only way for me to keep my existing plan and upgrading after the 28th would be to purchase the phone outright, here is the US version with the 2GB of Ram and S4 Krait.
[video=youtube;DKAr8ruNkr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKAr8ruNkr8[/video]

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
You can try your sarcasm somewhere else kid, by the way I could care less what you think, and from the looks of your prrevious post, there is not much thinking going on, LOL.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

If I wanted to start a flame war with you and sink to your level son I would have. Maybe, you shouldn't have made that comment to me in your previous post. Since I am being the better adult here and not insult people here on there post I will leave it at that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I personally would not take a Samsung phone if someone gave it to me free! Dealing with the charge was a disaster.

I have several friends with galaxy 2s on a different network and they have constant problems with their phones.

HTC phones just work for me and the rezound does not have a single phone competitor currently with Verizon in my opinion.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
Lol me too Samsung is fail to grow with me. Trying so hard to be isheep.

I personally would not take a Samsung phone if someone gave it to me free! Dealing with the charge was a disaster.

I have several friends with galaxy 2s on a different network and they have constant problems with their phones.

HTC phones just work for me and the rezound does not have a single phone competitor currently with Verizon in my opinion.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score