who here is upgrading to the Galaxy S III

Issemann

Reaction score
I "bought" my Rezound on January, and am very happy with it, once I "we" get ICS it should be even sweeter.
So how many here are going the Samsung route, not me, even though I am eligible for an upgrade "not tying myself up for another two years" not to crazy about Samsung devices anyways.

I agree. The Rezound with ICS is the best device for Verizon at this time. Problem for me is that all of these new devices are so damn big! I have small, small hands (and smell like carnies), so one-handed operation is tough. The Rezound is the perfect width for me.

My only gripe about the Rezound is the screen in daylight. If it didn't suck so much, this phone would be undisputed king on Verizon!

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM

goosedeath

Reaction score
crxlsturbo said:
So true as I learned my lesson also and will never make that mistake again. I actually gave my wife the gnex. After awhile of her dealing with signal issues the phone finally took a crap and they sent her a refurbished gnex. Well after 2 days that one took a crap also. So they were going to send my wife another refurbished gnex. I told them no and gave them reasons why and they asked me to choose between the Rezound or the Razr Maxx. So I choose the Rezound for her cause I wanted her to have good reliable 4g at my house and all around.

I wish I had a wife to pass my sub par phone to. Lol.

Although I'd rather she had the better phone, for security a d safety's sake. Again, if I had a wife. Lol

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I am up in the air about this phone as well. I love my Rezound with leaked ICS. It's by far the best phone i have seen. Friends have the Razr, Galaxy nexus, galaxy s2, and all are envious of my radios, and picture quality. I just drove from SC to PA, and almost never lost 3g, and had 4g most of the time. My brother was in the truck with me with his Razr, and he couldn't believe i always had a signal while he didn't.
My wife is eligible for her upgrade now. I wanted to wait for a great HTC phone on Verizon, but they seem to punting on the HTC One X. Now that they are eliminating the unlimited data soon i feel like i should go ahead and get her locked in for at least another two years of unlimited data, which means either purchasing another Rezound, or the new GS3. I want to want the GS3 because it is newer, slimmer, and probably quicker.
But I have almost no complaints about my rezound other than the fact that it is over seven months old. I wish the speaker was louder, and i wish the screen could be viewed better in direct sunlight.
I worry most about the radios in the GS3 as well as the Camera quality. Radios in the last Samsung phone weren't very good(Galaxy Nexus.) I hear touchwiz sucks pretty bad, and they went with a pentile display which is disappointing. The quad-core wold be neat, but living in the US we get a 1.5 dual core, which the rezound already has.

I guess i am looking for some good reasons to jump ship from HTC to Samsung, or should i just suck it up and get the "old" rezound, because i know it is reliable. My previous phone was an Eris, so i have a little brand loyalty.

tc1

Reaction score
The phone(rezound) as a whole is a great all around device with good radios and reception.

But the best phones for reception and radios have always been Motorola... Tgat
Includes the razor.

I get good reception with the rezound but the razor was better. I got a strong 4g signal all the way too my house. Where the rezound switches to 3g halfway there.

cdm369

Reaction score
I had motos (Droid 2 and droid 3) before my incredible 2 and rezound. Nothing but trouble with the motos. Constant signal loss and always issues with the earpiece. With my droid 3 I went through 3 phones before the finally allowed me to change brands. Went to HTC and never looked back. Maybe just my bad luck. Not with the htc's so far.

zanshin825

Reaction score
The awful radios on the bionic are the sole reason I jumped through hoops to trade it back for the rezound. Flat out terrible.

Reaction score
I switched to the rezound after having a razr and can say that the rezound gets far better reception than the razr. Also leas data drops.

samiusmc

Reaction score
I'll give-up my Rezound when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. lol

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
So my plan is to use my wife's upgrade and pre-order the S3 this week, and get her locked in to the unlimited data for at least another two years. This seems like the best way to hedge my bet when it comes to the question of when will they eliminate unlimited data. Since it doesn't come out for at least another month, it is possible that another phone may rise up to peak my interest, but i don't hold my breath for that. Regardless I will get the S3, play with it for a week or so, and if it isn't everything had hoped I will go back and exchange it for another Rezound for the wife. Cant loose either way.

I think there is a bigger advantage to getting unlimited data for two more years, than getting whatever new phone comes out after the summer. I don't suspect that the technology will get too far in the next six months, and since no quad core phones are headed this way at this time with LTE, and the dual core seems to preform just as well as the quad cores, i feel that I will still have a cutting edge phone.
Thoughts?

wildride89

Reaction score
Rageboardr said:
So my plan is to use my wife's upgrade and pre-order the S3 this week, and get her locked in to the unlimited data for at least another two years. This seems like the best way to hedge my bet when it comes to the question of when will they eliminate unlimited data. Since it doesn't come out for at least another month, it is possible that another phone may rise up to peak my interest, but i don't hold my breath for that. Regardless I will get the S3, play with it for a week or so, and if it isn't everything had hoped I will go back and exchange it for another Rezound for the wife. Cant loose either way.

I think there is a bigger advantage to getting unlimited data for two more years, than getting whatever new phone comes out after the summer. I don't suspect that the technology will get too far in the next six months, and since no quad core phones are headed this way at this time with LTE, and the dual core seems to preform just as well as the quad cores, i feel that I will still have a cutting edge phone.
Thoughts?

As far as the advantages of locking in unlimited, sounds like a good plan. I don't mind just getting a used phone and bringing it to them to hook up etc. But as fast as tech moves these days I'm betting 6 months they'll have even cooler toys/phones imo.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Not me! I love my rezound and can only imagine how much better it is going to be with ics.

I had a Samsung charge and always felt.like that phone was glitchy. Maybe it was just that particular model as I have never had a Samsung phone before.
You don't need to imagine. Install the leaked version. The water is fine.

I absolutely love this phone. With ICS everything is fast and smooth and polished. I already liked it a lot under GB, but ICS makes it perfect.

That being said, the Galaxy S3 is a better phone IMO...but not $700 better. And IMO the best phone out right now/near future is not the Galaxy S3, but the EVO 4G LTE.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
And IMO the best phone out right now/near future is not the Galaxy S3, but the EVO 4G LTE.

Agreed, and if it came to Verizon, I wouldn't hesitate. I would much prefer a HTC phone, but the Incredible 4G just doesn't excite me. I figure the biggest downside to the S3 is Touchwiz compared to Sense. I really like Sense widgets, but if touchwiz is that bad i wil just replace it with GoLauncher. Problem Solved.

Come on great camera, and raidos that work.

nikecar

Reaction score
I'm getting (waiting for the UPS to get here at some point today or tomorrow) the Rezound a yr early into my contract, so I won't get the SG3.

huskur

Reaction score
I almost pulled the trigger on the S3 but the Razr HD is on the horizon. To many choices. I have the Maxx now. Which is a good thing. Its a popular phone that sells well. I can get the S3 at full retail and see if I like it. If I do, I will keep it and sell the Maxx and accessories for likely well over $500 or ebay which recoups most of my $$$ which I paid for the S3. If I don't like the S3, I will in turn sell it on ebay as a "extremely mint device" only used for a few days. So the options are really endless. I can do the same thing with the Razr HD. Either way I am paying full retail for the phones but you make your money back on the sale of your previous device. Best part is, you don't have to use an upgrade and you are only out $150-$200 when all said and done.

Think about this fashion of upgrading. As long as you have a premier device that people want you can get most of you $$$ from your "not so old" device.