While we wait - Google has a 10C promotion going on!

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Dude,

I've had the OG Droid since day one and have used launchers before.

ADW runs the second it's downloaded. You can't back out of the install process without it being the home screen.

I'm running on the Bionic so you have a different system than I have.

The home switcher was not able to create a default.

The D3 and Bionic have identical systems. lol Hence why D3 users can use Bionic Themes and vice versa.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not going to argue over a silly point. I installed and uninstalled it several times. After you install and hit home it uses ADW and there is no way to get back permanently or assign any other home page.

I ran Launcher Pro for years... I probably won't use ADW but as someone said for .10 why not download it.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Yeah I've been using Launcher Pro since it came out, but sadly with the lack of activity of the Dev for about a year, it seemed like a good time to move on. Its a shame though since Launcher Pro is still running great, but it's just losing out feature wise to its competition. :/ But so is the way of natural selection of sorts.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel the Bionic had no need for a launcher - I've liked it without.

Probably the same with the Nexus if it ever gets released.

nleksan

Reaction score
I'm still grumpy I missed 10cents for SwiftKeyX :frown::icon_ nono2::icon_ cry:

I was gonna get BeautifulWidgets yesterday, but decided to hold off... I honestly don't know if my D1 could handle it :/

Is this ADW thing any different? Does it run "on top of" the Android interface, or does it actually change the interface from the bottom up? ("on top of" meaning it would consume RAM beyond what the OS normally requires, and if so, how much extra?)

I've been deleting apps to try and get my MotoD1 to regain some speed and battery life, but nothing I'm doing is making a difference :'( I have all the Maps updates uninstalled (it's now like 0.8MB instead of 10.xxMB), I clear my cache daily if not 4-5x/day, I have G-Mail as uninstalled as I can get it (all updates gone, etc), same for Facebook/Twitter, I clear out my browser's (DolphinHD) cache/HTML5-data/etc if the application size exceeds ~3MB, I have Android window-animations turned off, I've had auto-brightness turned off since the second day I got it (20mo ago) and keep the brightness at ~12-18% (hard to tell) at all times, and blah blah blah...

I have Juice Defender running, as well, and it reports "Battery Life Increase: Last 48hrs: +52%", which seems about right, but I've been using it for ~2 months now so while I know that initially it was accurate, I'm just assuming it still is.

WARNING - OFF TOPIC COMMENCING BELOW THE FOLLOWING DASH MARK

-

Oh...
*GASP*
My phone is NOT rooted.... :O
I have honestly just not felt tech-savvy enough to do it... That's kinda ridiculous coming from someone who builds custom gaming PC's (with custom liquid cooling) AND someone who has turned a BMW 328Ci into a daily driver that is also a true track monster (eating M3's and 911 Carrera's like nothing :icon_ lala: )...

However, I just feel like if something can go wrong, it will... I REALLY cannot afford to lose my contact list, as trying to get 900+ peoples' numbers again would be quite difficult/impossible. I'm REALLY wanting to do it, and even have:
1) RSD Lite installed (4.6, I believe)
2) "MotoCache1_Complete_Root_v1.1-update.zip" (888KB)
3) "MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.zip" (3MB)
4) "USB_Drivers_64_bit_4.6.5.zip" (5MB)
5) "update-cm-6.3.4-Milestone-signed.zip" (87MB)

Sorry for going off-topic, I just get frustrated and vent... Plus, I feel like an idiot (and often get treated as such) anytime I ask for help rooting my phone over on a few other forums... :'(
If anyone would care to assist me, feel free to PM, and if not that's fine... Again, sorry for the thread-theft.

GOING BACK ON-TOPIC IN
THREE....
TWO....
ONE....

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used SwiftKey on the D1 and Launcher Pro.

I know what you're going through though - at some point you can delete every app and it will still run slow.