Google Blunders Some of the 10 Billion App Promos Downloads; Makes Up For It

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 12, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Apparently, Google's 10 Billion App 10-Cent promo has been such an outrageous success that the Market's servers were faltering under the weight of an onslaught of downloads. Several users experienced error messages and cancelled orders while trying to download some of the great deals. Luckily, Google loves us and is doing everything they can to rectify the issue. If you are one of the folks that had a cancelled order you should be expecting to get an email like this one,

For those folks that received the email, you should already be able to go download your apps. For others, you can expect to receive the email soon.

Source: AndroidPolice
  2. Raverrevolution

Raverrevolution New Member

Sure Google, I know beggars can't be choosers and I'm really sorry, but I would have been cool to have seen 10 different apps per day for 10 cents, not 9 apps one day and repeat apps other days. It seems like the first 2 days were the best for me. I think I bought almost all the apps those two days, but jump to today and they're repeat/kiddy/craptastic. We have more days left and I'm hoping for some real good quality apps to pop up.
  3. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

There were 10 apps on all days, but the certain ones were not widely compatible, it seems. So they would not show up on your device.
  4. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen New Member

Its easier to do it from the pc so you can get all of them. you can just download it to a specific device from their.