When is Verizon Going to Get a 3D Phone, and Do We Really Want it?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Q2 as patient as I can be.

my D1 is on its way out. :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You know, it just popped in my head that maybe the Targa is 3d. I have absolutely no facts to support it, but it's just a thought.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Jay the Targa_should_be out in Q3 sometime.

Droid--->ether--->this thread

Yeesh, I was hoping for Q2. Oh well, here's hoping for the D3 in Q2!

Hugh the D3 will be a great purchase in my opinion. I'm loving the TI OMAP in it. D3 will be a speedy little devil for sure.

I thinking about doing a 1 year sentence (because honestly, that's what they are...) with the D3 but certain criteria would need to be met. I'm in an LTE area now and being locked for AT LEAST a year on 3G isn't exactly what I want, but I can deal with it as long as it has an unencrypted boot and quickly gains root.

If so on either of these than I'm in the market, if both...I've already made up my mind. :)

bplewis24

Reaction score
Jay the Targa_should_be out in Q3 sometime.

Yeesh, I was hoping for Q2. Oh well, here's hoping for the D3 in Q2!

Hugh the D3 will be a great purchase in my opinion. I'm loving the TI OMAP in it. D3 will be a speedy little devil for sure.

I think the D3 will be great, especially if it has the OMAP 4430 as rumored. That chipset will be second-to-none.

I'm also itching to upgrade, but my NE2 doesn't kick in until August, so I should be able to wait until Q3. The only problem is I don't really want a physical keyboard anymore. I'll be getting the flagship device with 4G and dual-core processors, whatever it is, as long as the bootloader isn't encrypted.

Brandon

jayman350

Reaction score
I agree with others on here that want a top of the line phone that is not a repackaged version of the previous year. I could upgrade now if I wanted to.... but there isn't anything out there on VZW that even slightly piques my interest.

I had VZW call me back about a survey that I took for a replacement phone. I gave them a 5 (out of 10) for overall satisfaction, they called me the next day to talk about it. I kept the girl on the phone for about 30 minutes talking about a bunch of stuff, but mainly about how I don't like being treated as a second class citizen now that the iphone is on VZW. I told her straight up that I was seriously considering jumping ship to somewhere else...and that has not changed.

VZW is going to start losing a lot of people if they don't get their act together and stop holding everyone who doesn't want an iphone behind the curve.

nyeshia0431

Reaction score
The iPhone hype is over......Verizon get over it!!!!! We need flagship device just like everyone else. How dare you let AT&T get some better phones???? This is outrageous.....Sorry i got carried away lol
:mad: :r_c::icon_ nono2: :icon_ nono::icon_cussing::work3:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this is part of a secret contract clause VZ had with Apple to get the old iphone on their network ... Now they can't obtain any other state of the art devices for 2 years vice their standard one. :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps this is part of a secret contract clause VZ had with Apple to get the old iphone on their network ... Now they can't obtain any other state of the art devices for 2 years vice their standard one. :)

It wouldn't surprise me if there was an agreement along those lines made.

nyeshia0431

Reaction score
The iPhone hype is over...

:huh:

Hey, do they have any more room in your reality? I'm interested in buying a seat if they're available.

Sure thing, theres plenty of room lol. No one really cares about the iPhone 4. All fan boys are ready for the iPhone 5 Verizon may get it this summer, but some people think smh Verizon may get it a couple months after its released. I know everyone doesn't want a Droid or Android product, but thats been the star for Verizon for at least a year now. So just because you picked up the iPhone, don't disappoint all the :greendroid: lovers who helped fatten your pockets. We finally got the Thunderbolt, but T-mobile will get the suposed dual core Pyramid. The Evo 3D is coming and then AT&T got the Atrix, Inspire and soon to come Thrill. Not to even mention the confirmed Nexus phones that are on Sprint and T-Mobile. I'm holding out for the Bionic, but why is that the only phone thats coming out in the next couple months that can complete with everyone else???? Dinc2, Revolution, Charge, D3 and X2 Mostly repeats and all or some possibly single core and/or 3g only/4g. I know there are some rumors about the previous phones, but nothing set in stone yet. Only valid reason I could see Verizon doing this is that they will release some real monsters end of 3rd quarter and/or all of 4th quarter that will push them in front of the Competition. Maybe its the whole Quad Core thing :huh:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
No one really cares about the iPhone 4. All fan boys are ready for the iPhone 5 Verizon may get it this summer, but some people think smh Verizon may get it a couple months after its released.

Well you somehow managed to redeem yourself from that previous comment, well done. lol.