When is Verizon Going to Get a 3D Phone, and Do We Really Want it?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3d-glasses.jpg

At CTIA today, we got previewed the the Samsung EVO 3D for Sprint. Also, a report from today indicates that the LG Optimus 3D is heading to the FCC, and will show up on T-Mobile, although another version is planned for AT&T called the LG Thrill 4G. Both phones are highly advanced, with powerful dual-core processors and tons of features, including 3D. It occurred to me to pose some questions to everyone in regards to these announcements.

When do you guys think Verizon will get a 3D phone? Who do you think will come out with a 3D phone for Verizon first? Why does it seem that everyone else but Verizon is getting a 3D phone? And, finally, do you even want a 3D phone?

Source: PhoneArena

phatkat66

Reaction score
I do want one, It seems its the only feature that seperates most of the new phones. It's not something to go OMG about but its something to go "hey check this out" I would use the 3D recording more than I would use a front facing camera.

electric6

Reaction score
3d-glasses.jpg

At CTIA today, we got previewed the the Samsung EVO 3D for Sprint. Also, a report from today indicates that the LG Optimus 3D is heading to the FCC, and will show up on T-Mobile, although another version is planned for AT&T called the LG Thrill 4G. Both phones are highly advanced, with powerful dual-core processors and tons of features, including 3D. It occurred to me to pose some questions to everyone in regards to these announcements.

When do you guys think Verizon will get a 3D phone? Who do you think will come out with a 3D phone for Verizon first? Why does it seem that everyone else but Verizon is getting a 3D phone? And, finally, do you even want a 3D phone?

Source: PhoneArena

as far as HTC goes, I would say they will release the equivalent to this, if not slightly upgraded around the same time next year that they released the thunderbolt this year. Im betting March 15th 2012. And since the evo 3d is dual core clocked at 1.2ghz(QSD8660), Im betting big red will get the slightly faster 1.5ghz snapdragon(QSD8672) that has been illustrated here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(System_on_Chip)

The reason i feel so sure is looking at the timeline of the evo, DHD, and the adr6400l. Evo launched June 4th. Evo 3D will probably release the exact same day, which just happens to be before iPhone 5 release. Next will be the desire hd2 in october, and finally the big red version in march for us. Off topic of course, but even if it does not have the 8672, the 8660 is still plenty fast for the most part.
Im sure LG and Samsung will both release their big red variants before the end of the year, but I prefer Sense so am willing to let all the posers release first lol.

jengas kahn

Reaction score
what about 4D phones? when will we be ripping apart time and space? or maybe something like smell-O-vision?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
At this point I highly doubt Verizon is going to be getting any flagship devices that don't start with "i".

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At this point I highly doubt Verizon is going to be getting any flagship devices that don't start with "i".

he speaks a great truth, albeit a sad one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bplewis24

Reaction score
I could care less about a 3D phone. What I want is:

4G Phone (And Verizon JUST announced yesterday they are bringing 4G to my city in 2011)
Dual-core
Stock Google

That's it. I have a few more minor, specific interests (around 4" screen, LED notification light, no keyboard, etc), but it starts with those first three. I don't want MotoBlur, Sense, TouchWiz, or anything else. I simply want the Optimus G2x on Verizon.

Brandon

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't care about 3D phones....I don't watch tv or many videos on my phone. I've made my mind up on the D3 and that's all I'm worried about.

Sent from somewhere...

bplewis24

Reaction score
I could care less about a 3D phone. What I want is:

4G Phone (And Verizon JUST announced yesterday they are bringing 4G to my city in 2011)
Dual-core
Stock Google

That's it. I have a few more minor, specific interests (around 4" screen, LED notification light, no keyboard, etc), but it starts with those first three. I don't want MotoBlur, Sense, TouchWiz, or anything else. I simply want the Optimus G2x on Verizon.

You can replace "Stock Google" with "unlocked bootloader." I'd prefer stock, but if it has an unlocked/unencrypted bootloader I will be satisfied.

Brandon

jchammer123

Reaction score

Which is exactly why I will be leaving Verizon when my contracts up!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xmguy

Reaction score
I don't care for 3D tv or 3D on a phone. Just another good way to get a headache.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
April of 2012 we will get the LG Optimus 3D and the rest of the old equipement that everyone has already had for a year.. Of course they will rename them and market them as the latest and greatest.

We have the iPhone that's enough for us. We should be grateful.

Droid--->ether--->this thread