LG 3D Optimus Pre-Release

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

If 3D is what you want, then 3D is what you shall receive as far as LG is involved. Just today they pre-announced their soon to be official 3D Optimus device. The phone has been in rumor form for quite some time, but now we have some information that you might be interested in. First off... no, you don’t need glasses for this screen. It’s a front only 3D display which means you will only see the 3D image when you look at it straight on and not from the side. Yes, it does work as a usual 2D display. Lastly, and most importantly, the phone has a great 3D camera that produces things you can see on your 3D screen. 3D camera is possible by having 2 cameras next to each other which allows it to take offset pictures and then recreate it as 3D images.

Never mind the technology behind it, if this is what you want, then know you’ll have it around MWC time when LG officially brings out these bad boys.

Here is the official Press Release:

LG TO UNVEIL WORLD’S FIRST FULL 3D SMARTPHONE AT MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS 2011
3D Recording-Viewing-Sharing of Life’s Precious Moments Anytime, Anywhere
SEOUL, Feb. 1, 2011 - At this year’s Mobile World Congress, LG will unveil the LG Optimus 3D the world’s first 3D smartphone offering consumers a full 3D experience right in the palm of their hands.
The LG Optimus 3D addresses the lack of 3D content issue — one of the biggest problems facing the 3D market — with a complete platform for a one-of-a-kind experience on a mobile device. LG’s most advanced smartphone to date will feature a dual-lens camera for 3D recording, a glasses-free LCD panel for 3D viewing and diverse connectivity options such as HDMI and DLNA for 3D content sharing anytime, anywhere.
Further details and a live demo of the LG Optimus 3D will be offered at Booth #8B178 at MWC in Barcelona from February 14 to 17.
Source (BREAKING: LG Optimus 3D Both Plays And Records 3D Content | Android Phone Fans)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
My lord can we get a release date for any of these new phones. I tell ya what, this site is getting alot of hits a day off of me haha

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know....by the time the dust settles on one hot new thing, something else exciting comes out.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I know....by the time the dust settles on one hot new thing, something else exciting comes out.

It's kinda annoying... I wish they could allot some time between releases of new tech. I mean its upsetting that before one thing comes out they are releasing the next best thing 2 months later. Ah well, i guess that's the world we live in... and apparent stereoscopic displays are the "new wave" that companies are trying to push

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Yea with over 300,000 activations a day & 100 new phones per month android will take over and soon destroy itself when it can't hand on to all of its peices. (fragmentation) hope I spelled that right.

moosez3

Reaction score
wow if they actually get this right I will be seriously impressed!

jjj751

Reaction score

It's kinda annoying... I wish they could allot some time between releases of new tech. I mean its upsetting that before one thing comes out they are releasing the next best thing 2 months later. Ah well, i guess that's the world we live in... and apparent stereoscopic displays are the "new wave" that companies are trying to push

Yeah I know, I finally got a Droid X and then they come out with something better. Makes me hate myself for not waiting lol