Not open for further replies.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I don't have the official 2.1, but have any of you noticed improved call quality? That's the only reason I've considered unrooting to take the official update.
You can get just the Baseband update, look in the Hack section....or just use this link to go to the thread..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/33703-major-baseband-news-alldroid.html

It's an update.zip file to use with sprecovery so you would have to be rooted and have sprecovery installed. Updates the Baseband, you'll need to re-activate your phone which takes less than 1 minute. Will not affect your Rom image, data, applications, settings, etc....it just updates the Baseband.

Reaction score
I have noticed the the notification bar works a little differently. When I am updating more than one app at a time the "Downloading (Apps)" is just one one "line" in Notifications the downloading apps seperated by commas. As each one is downloaded they drop one at a time lower down on seperate "lines". Maybe it was that way before, but I certainly thought there was a seperate "downloading line" for each app,

Also I seem to have 2 extra very small (8k,16k) "downloaded apps" in "Menu>Applications>Manange Applications" that are weird. (and yes it is filtered for "downloaded apps" only)

One seems to reference the Gallery app, but I know I uninstalled the 2.1 Gallery BEFORE I did the 2.1 update. The app name is "com.android.gallery" size is only 8.00kb, "Version 0" and does have an uninstall button (yes, it's highlighted)

The other one right below it is "com.android.inputmethod.latin.." size is only 16.00kb (12 app/4 data) and it is also "Version 0", and also has an uninstall button.

Anyone else have this??

5630d1270160151-whats-2-1-findings-tips-tricks-2.1-extra-apps.png

5631d1270160158-whats-2-1-findings-tips-tricks-2.1-extra-app-gallery.png
5632d1270160164-whats-2-1-findings-tips-tricks-2.1-extra-app-input.png

Yes i did have this..but i got rid of it...but i first used 'MyBackUp Pro' backed up all my stuff like sms mms etc. and then i did the hard factory reset and erased cache and others....and when i reloaded everything back up...those 2 items like you showed above were gone...idk what that did/was but my phone works well

kendroid09

Reaction score
contacts open in last folder viewed

contacts now open to the last list you were viewing, ie. favorites, contacts or call log. It used to always open to contacts and then you had to switch from there....

Reaction score
i also have those com.android apps. i think one has to do with swype or touch since it says something about input method

Cowpoke

Reaction score
I may just be dreaming, but IMO the browser seems to scroll much smother now. Maybe its always been this smooth and I didnt notice because I've been on Dolphin a while, but it seems smoother than stock used to be or Dolphin is now. This site has always scrolled really laggy for me, but now scrolls just fine.

JCo352

Reaction score
I may just be dreaming, but IMO the browser seems to scroll much smother now. Maybe its always been this smooth and I didnt notice because I've been on Dolphin a while, but it seems smoother than stock used to be or Dolphin is now. This site has always scrolled really laggy for me, but now scrolls just fine.

You're definitely aren't dreaming, that is the main reason I am happy with this update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You're definitely aren't dreaming, that is the main reason I am happy with this update.

+1 absolutely and was one of the main reasons I wanted this update. Much better scrolling now.

pjo1966

Reaction score
Posted elsewhere in a closed thread:

Home screen now works in landscape mode. Before the update the home screen would only work in landscape mode when in the car dock.

Also, voice search will bring up results from Contacts first, then Google results. This was not working before.

One thing i just noticed on the virtual keyboard; the comma has been moved to the numbers screen to make room for the mic. It would make more sense to move the period. Most everybody i know hits the space bar twice to enter a period unless using it as a decimal point.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Home screen now works in landscape mode. Before the update the home screen would only work in landscape mode when in the car dock.

Also, voice search will bring up results from Contacts first, then Google results. This was not working before.

One thing i just noticed on the virtual keyboard; the comma has been moved to the numbers screen to make room for the mic. It would make more sense to move the period. Most everybody i know hits the space bar twice to enter a period unless using it as a decimal point.

Yeah we know that but I'm not wired that way, so I strongly disagree. I like the period where it is and I know where the comma has been moved to. In addition the period is used much more often then a comma so it makes sense to have it on the front screen.

offcamberjk

Reaction score
Those apps that are only a few kb are usually just leftovers from an uninstall. You can just uninstall them and you'll be fine.

toddegreene

Reaction score

Yeah we know that but I'm not wired that way, so I strongly disagree. I like the period where it is and I know where the comma has been moved to. In addition the period is used much more often then a comma so it makes sense to have it on the front screen.

Try Menu->Settings->Language & Keyboard->Android Keyboard, from here you can toggle Voice Input. I don't have the 'official' 2.1, but I think I have the 2.1 keyboard (too many updates and such and it's one thing I didn't track).

Helmut

Reaction score
When a home screen shortcut to a contact is selected it now opens the "chat" style bubble on the main home screen, very nice! slightly buggy if using helix (top portion gets cut off)

Steve H

Reaction score
contacts now open to the last list you were viewing, ie. favorites, contacts or call log. It used to always open to contacts and then you had to switch from there....

I haven't received the update yet. I have a factory stock Droid with 2.0.1 and my contact opens to the last list and spot I looked at. Don't think this is new to 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.