Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You keep saying that but the fact is that Motorola released info about the update on their Facebook site, they need to take responsibility for their releases. I do agree that it is not ALL their fault, Google and vzw also share the blame but that does not change the fact that Motorola dropped the ball releasing info that was either premature or flawed. The owe it too their customers to set the record straight.
Aqua they already have. Thats what we have been saying.

Moto has as much control as to when VZW releases it as you and I. ZERO.

Thats why they had to take it down.

rkeller62

Reaction score
I will say this one more time - It is NOT up to Motorola to decide when the update comes out. All they can do is provide a "final" build to Verizon. It is then up to Verizon to decide when and how to provide the update to us. Until VERIZON announces the update, or starts pushing it OTA, anything you hear about when we will be getting the update is conjecture, speculation and rumor!!!

You keep saying that but the fact is that Motorola released info about the update on their Facebook site, they need to take responsibility for their releases. I do agree that it is not ALL their fault, Google and vzw also share the blame but that does not change the fact that Motorola dropped the ball releasing info that was either premature or flawed. The owe it too their customers to set the record straight.

That happens to my company as well. The software provided will release information that an update is available before we have sanctioned the software and released it. My points are:
1. It doesn't matter what Motorola said about when the software will be released as they have no authority to actually release it.
2. If they ever do release any information about when software will be released, don't count on that being "set in stone" as they don't release the software.

I do think they should step up and apologize and defer to Verizon for any information about software release schedules now and in the future.

Last edited:

aquamadman

Reaction score

Taking it down is not the same as clarifying your mistake but your point is taken.

Spartan

Reaction score

So are you saying that Moto has submitted the final build and its in Verizon's hands now to push?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
So are you saying that Moto has submitted the final build and its in Verizon's hands now to push?
yes, it is being tested and IF it passes they will release it.

Last edited:

Isaiah

Reaction score

This is actually false, as Motorola is a major supplier for Verizon they have a considerable amount of influence over the updates, if they want an update to be pushed... then all they have to do is put a bit of squeeze on verizon and it'll go through with less testing. And the only thing that was pulled were the release details, the facebook announcement is still up

Lasher

Reaction score

"Motorola Says No Android 2.1 Update For Droid"
Ugh let me say I just hate when titles are like that. I do understand it's going to draw you in and read it, but it just kind of ticks me off that they make a title like that and seem like there will be no update. Heh sorry for off topic, just ranting a bit.

On topic though, yes Moto did jump the gun in this whole deal and I think they wanted it to release this week as well but it failed. It is up to Verizon now to test it and send it out to all the Droid out there. Also, I don't truly think it's Moto's fault for keeping everything hush hush as Verizon is the one that loves to keep it on the down low and tend to act like they don't now what you're talking about when you bring it up (no offense to you Verizon workers out there :) still <3 Verizon).

rkeller62

Reaction score

I am saying they most likely submitted what THEY considered a "final" build to Verizon. That doesn't mean Verizon has to accept the build...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is actually false, as Motorola is a major supplier for Verizon they have a considerable amount of influence over the updates, if they want an update to be pushed... then all they have to do is put a bit of squeeze on verizon and it'll go through with less testing.
100% incorrect.

rkeller62

Reaction score
This is actually false, as Motorola is a major supplier for Verizon they have a considerable amount of influence over the updates, if they want an update to be pushed... then all they have to do is put a bit of squeeze on verizon and it'll go through with less testing. And the only thing that was pulled were the release details, the facebook announcement is still up

Yes, they can exert pressure and influence, but they cannot force Verizon to release any update. Verizon is ultimately the company responsible for any ramifications the software release has in the field and, at the end of the day, the decision is theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.