2.1 Release Notes Pulled by Motorola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We won't have flash in 2010. Nexus One might have it within a few months... but Motorola already moved on from the Droid.

qoncept - iPhone does

iPirate - They said 2.1 will be pushed "later this week". This statement was retracted.

Total BS :icon_ devil:

jkwakopo

Reaction score
Do you honestly not see the underlying issue with this?
Motorola has demonstrated a lack in:
-Customer Support
-Listening to criticism
-Product Support

Essentially, we're forgotten now that they're working on the next best thing. You know what makes the iPhone great? Apple doesn't make 200 other phones.

So we saw the 2.0.1 update. Now the 2.1 update is delayed. Next, the 2.2 update will be delayed even longer. And we'll never see 2.3.
Have you ever owned anything before? This is the way the world works. And waiting a month or 6 after Android 2.1 is released to push it to our phones isn't a "delay." You haven't even had the phone for 3 months and you're whining that a major update hasn't happened yet. You sound ridiculous. What is such a big deal in 2.1 that you just can't live without?

You are the reason I never want to own my own business. You just can't make people happy. If you give them what they want, they'll want something else.

You are not getting the point.. We never asked for an update... They promised us with new os within few month... I mean, It was already posted all over the web that we'll be getting it... They even released the notes... So it's not our fault for asking what they promised. Shouldn't have made this kind of mistake if you are a multi-billion $ global Corp (Moto did get lots of publicity for this... I mean everyone was just talking about this since yesterday..This is a great business move if they planned this =)

Yota

Reaction score
You are not getting the point.. We never asked for an update... They promised us with new os within few month... I mean, It was already posted all over the web that we'll be getting it... They even released the notes... So it's not our fault for asking what they promised. Shouldn't have made this kind of mistake if you are a multi-billion $ global Corp (Moto did get lots of publicity for this... I mean everyone was just talking about this since yesterday..This is a great business move if they planned this =)

I don't remember them promising me or anyone else anything. They said a update is coming and it's still posted as such. People are still taking it the wrong way. The notes is what was taken down not the fact that 2.1 is to be released. You can go read that and it still does not say that they promise you anything or promise you when it will come out. They could decide not to give it to you at all and there is nothing anyone can do others wise.

I had been reading this board for 2 months before I got my Droid. When I got this phone I turned it on at the store and it did a update to 2.0.1. Didn't even care. Now I have been sitting back and watching people run around happy then sad then happy again then angry over 2.1. No where when you got this phone did it say that we Verizon,Motorola,Goggle will continue to give you anything. People really need to step back and calm down over a update. Do you really get this upset when other things in your life are delayed? When I heard 2.1 was coming I thought the same thing about it. So what! I have my phone rooted and am very happy with it. I could go back to stock 2.0.1 and still be happy with it.

Now I know some will say well I don't want to root. Ok fine. Just remember that your Droid is still better then most any other phone out there in 2.0.1 from. Be happy with the phone you have. It's a great piece of equipment just the way it is. 2.1 will be here when it's here. Sit back relax and laugh at you friends with IPhones.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We won't have flash in 2010. Nexus One might have it within a few months... but Motorola already moved on from the Droid.

qoncept - iPhone does

iPirate - They said 2.1 will be pushed "later this week". This statement was retracted.

And you got that from where, because you did not get that from the article I posted. Unless we reading it two different ways. I was getting from it that it would be more like 2nd quarter (around jun-july) time frame before flash and not by spring. And I think that was because of the update being pushed back by motorola.
Motorola is going to continue to support the device because of how successful it is; and the fact verizon put so much money into it. They are not releasing the update because it may have some issues that may need to be worked out. Just keep calm and lets not treat apple like they are the model company. They have their goods, but they flopped on some devices also.

JCo352

Reaction score
I think he meant "pry" just like he said... as in pry for details.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Yes he meant pry as in the mechanical advantage version of leverage to get more info!

bpad10

Reaction score
I think he meant "pry" just like he said... as in pry for details.
Pry and Pray have 2 completely different meanings......he is going to go "digging around" for info:icon_eek:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
snaggedfrom droid life:

we are still digging as hard as we can to find out details about the supposed upcoming android 2.1 release to our motorola droid with our latest step as an attempt to swindle a motorola rep. we had minor success. our conversation started out slow but ended fairly well i think. check it...

Leandro P.: Hi, my name is Leandro P.. How may I help you?
KELLEN: Hey Leandro
KELLEN: I have a DROID and was wondering if the 2.1 update would start today or tomorrow?
Leandro P.: Let me help you with this
Leandro P.: There will be an update to 2.1 coming soon. But we do not have a date yes. You can periodically check on DROID by Motorola Support - Motorola USA for updates.
KELLEN: I'll have to check that. One other thing, when you guys announced it would be this week, has that date now changed?
Leandro P.: It did not change, because we do not have a date. I am not aware of any official information that would tell us that it would be launched this week.
KELLEN: Oh, I just saw on your official Facebook page earlier this week that said the 2.1 update for DROID would be out this week. Was that not right?
Leandro P.: I can not confirm that. All I can tell you is that it is coming soon.
KELLEN: We're just really excited about the update!
Leandro P.: Yes, and Motorola is aware of that. You will see the updates on that site that I provided.
KELLEN: Update is there now? :) OK I'll keep checking back. Thanks for your help.
Leandro P.: You will have to periodically check to see the news.
Leandro P.: You are welcome
KELLEN: So when should I check back?
Leandro P.: It would be good to check every day
KELLEN: So that must mean it's coming really soon? :)
Leandro P.: It is coming really soon.
KELLEN: You've been a great sport. Have a great day.
Leandro P.: You have a great day too, thanks.​

hajabooja

Reaction score
snaggedfrom droid life:

we are still digging as hard as we can to find out details about the supposed upcoming android 2.1 release to our motorola droid with our latest step as an attempt to swindle a motorola rep. we had minor success. our conversation started out slow but ended fairly well i think. check it...
Leandro P.: Hi, my name is Leandro P.. How may I help you?
KELLEN: Hey Leandro
KELLEN: I have a DROID and was wondering if the 2.1 update would start today or tomorrow?
Leandro P.: Let me help you with this
Leandro P.: There will be an update to 2.1 coming soon. But we do not have a date yes. You can periodically check on DROID by Motorola Support - Motorola USA for updates.
KELLEN: I'll have to check that. One other thing, when you guys announced it would be this week, has that date now changed?
Leandro P.: It did not change, because we do not have a date. I am not aware of any official information that would tell us that it would be launched this week.
KELLEN: Oh, I just saw on your official Facebook page earlier this week that said the 2.1 update for DROID would be out this week. Was that not right?
Leandro P.: I can not confirm that. All I can tell you is that it is coming soon.
KELLEN: We're just really excited about the update!
Leandro P.: Yes, and Motorola is aware of that. You will see the updates on that site that I provided.
KELLEN: Update is there now? :) OK I'll keep checking back. Thanks for your help.
Leandro P.: You will have to periodically check to see the news.
Leandro P.: You are welcome
KELLEN: So when should I check back?
Leandro P.: It would be good to check every day
KELLEN: So that must mean it's coming really soon? :)
Leandro P.: It is coming really soon.
KELLEN: You've been a great sport. Have a great day.
Leandro P.: You have a great day too, thanks.​

Hahahah... that's great!

88Droid

Reaction score
11feb10droidou23b.jpg

Tigger

does nobody source their school-work these days?????

cough: image source engadget.com

SEE: http://www.blogcdn.com/Engadgetmedia/2010/02/11feb10droidou23b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.