2.1 Release Notes Pulled by Motorola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

Reaction score
The OP is a complete moron for posting this. NO WHERE does it say that the 2.1 update is delayed. It only says that the release notes were early and pulled. THATS IT. This post should be removed just as all those BS blog posts should be.

The DROID world has become TMZ...its fridiculous.

Well I don't want to call one of the Mods a moron but I will agree that this did NOT need to be posted.... Let alone in the News section... I saw that post on Motorola's site yesterday and took it for what it was, a post about the NOTES not the release...

If you look further on their site you will see that they have been planning to push the release to a limited group starting this weekend (20K) for testing and will make their final plan(s) from there.

Can we please have an admin or someone set an official policy of NO MORE BS NEWS OR POSTS about 2.1 until someone can release an official screen-shot of their phone running the update or an OFFICIAL announcement from Moto and/or VZW concerning the release... all this speculation and crap is getting ridiculous...:icon_ devil:

I renamed the thread..and will be moving it here in a minute...
Release***

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I renamed the thread..and will be moving it here in a minute...

Saw the General Announcement too, thanks, hopefully that will calm things down a bit:icon_ banana:

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about one way or the other....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Earthquakes, mud slides, blizzards, and now no 2.1 update been delayed again, time to make peace with your maker the world is coming to an end :rolleyes:

So much hype over a phone update. the tone on fb, forums, in anger over this.
Y?

as you type why you or other people are angry think about how little sense it makes to be angry over something like that

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
Do you honestly not see the underlying issue with this?
Motorola has demonstrated a lack in:
-Customer Support
-Listening to criticism
-Product Support

Essentially, we're forgotten now that they're working on the next best thing. You know what makes the iPhone great? Apple doesn't make 200 other phones.

So we saw the 2.0.1 update. Now the 2.1 update is delayed. Next, the 2.2 update will be delayed even longer. And we'll never see 2.3.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm in no rush for 2.1, and I enjoy my Droid. But Motorola did make a big oops with this.
Instances like this make the idea of a Google phone (direct from Google) seem more appealing in terms of updates... IMO

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does anyone have a copy of the original update that he posted "prematurely?" I saw it on my RSS reader early in the day that it was announced the he made a mistake...Gizmodo or Engadget, I think...But I can't find it now. The guy who wrote the story said he had a friend that had the update info on her screen as they took it down, and she did a print screen to snag a copy.

Not a big deal at all either way, since the info has been stated to not be fully accurate. I'm just nosey.

It'll come when it comes. :D

Sodner

Reaction score
Although I too am anxiously & impatiently waiting the OTA release of 2.1 or (2.0.1.1 if it lacks a new app drawer and 5 screens.) I have to think back to my past cell phones and realize than never have I gotten a "upgrade" to any of them.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They're probably waiting until the Devour comes out (March).
They are not a mom and pops store they have divisions. They can have a division working on the devour and another work on updates to the droid at the same time.

qoncept

Reaction score
Do you honestly not see the underlying issue with this?
Motorola has demonstrated a lack in:
-Customer Support
-Listening to criticism
-Product Support

Essentially, we're forgotten now that they're working on the next best thing. You know what makes the iPhone great? Apple doesn't make 200 other phones.

So we saw the 2.0.1 update. Now the 2.1 update is delayed. Next, the 2.2 update will be delayed even longer. And we'll never see 2.3.
Have you ever owned anything before? This is the way the world works. And waiting a month or 6 after Android 2.1 is released to push it to our phones isn't a "delay." You haven't even had the phone for 3 months and you're whining that a major update hasn't happened yet. You sound ridiculous. What is such a big deal in 2.1 that you just can't live without?

You are the reason I never want to own my own business. You just can't make people happy. If you give them what they want, they'll want something else.

rkeller62

Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of the original update that he posted "prematurely?" I saw it on my RSS reader early in the day that it was announced the he made a mistake...Gizmodo or Engadget, I think...But I can't find it now. The guy who wrote the story said he had a friend that had the update info on her screen as they took it down, and she did a print screen to snag a copy.

Not a big deal at all either way, since the info has been stated to not be fully accurate. I'm just nosey.

It'll come when it comes. :D

You can read it here: Motorola’s Droid 2.1 Info Page Removed – Screenshots Inside | Android Phone Fans

iPirate

Reaction score
They're probably waiting until the Devour comes out (March).
chickenlittleskyfalling.jpg

They pulled the release NOTES, not the release date.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
adobe flash news

I know this is for 2.1 but i figure people waiting on 2.1 will be interested in this as well:
Adobe: Flash 10.1 will require 'some enhancements to existing versions of Android' -- Engadget

ima copy and paste so you can read it here: thanks to phandroid and engaget:

Adobe: Flash 10.1 will require 'some enhancements to existing versions of Android' -- Engadget .content_holder table.poll caption { float: none; padding-right: 0; background: red; }
b
article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Software
Adobe: Flash 10.1 will require 'some enhancements to existing versions of Android'

By Donald Melanson posted Feb 9th 2010 8:08PM

flash-android-02-09-2010-1265759858.jpg
As you may have noticed, there were a few reports making the rounds earlier today that suggested Flash 10.1 for Android would be limited to phones running Android 2.1. Adobe itself didn't seem to be saying much about the matter, however, so we inquired with them and received a statement that raises about as many questions as it answers. According to Adrian Ludwig, group product marketing manager for Flash Platform:​
Adobe, Google, and other members of the Open Screen Project are working together to make ensure the full Web experience can be delivered on largest possible number of devices. Support for full Flash Player 10.1 requires some enhancements to existing versions of Android. These enhancements are expected to be available as an upgrade to existing devices and for new devices starting in Q2 2010.​
The key detail there, obviously, is that support for the full Flash Player 10.1 will indeed require "some enhancements" to current versions of Android, meaning that one way or another you'll have to update, and that an update for every Android phone isn't necessarily guaranteed. What the statement doesn't confirm, however, is whether those "enhancements" are, in fact, Android 2.1, or an update of some sort that will follow Android 2.1 -- we'll let you know if we get any further clarification on that.​

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
We won't have flash in 2010. Nexus One might have it within a few months... but Motorola already moved on from the Droid.

qoncept - iPhone does

iPirate - They said 2.1 will be pushed "later this week". This statement was retracted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.