Status
Not open for further replies.

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
guys, seriously why are you reading into this so far. He posted the release notes by mistake. That has nothing to do with the other post by moto saying 2.1 was going out this week. sheesh.

bpad10

Reaction score
Agreed, unless he controls moto's facebook, and other motorola media the whole P.R. dept deserves the blame. This is pathetic as far as a bussiness move goes. Keeping the update shrouded in secrecy after this debacle is sad. I love this phone but costumer service can deter me from upgrading in a few yrs

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score
I love how he said he hopes that it clears up confusion when in fact it created a lot more confusion and a LOT more frustration....

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score
I did clarify my original comment here -- easy to miss. I was only speaking about the notes. And since my information about those was so bad, please excuse me if I make no additional comments. I'm just really sorry that my error resulted in bad feelings for some Droid owners.

Jeez :/ calm down people!

Come on guys, he said he was only talking about the notes. The facebook post is still there, just sit tight. The week isn't over yet so they haven't missed any deadlines. Good grief, I want the update just as bad as everyone else, and yeah Moto could have handled it better, but what is done is done. Nothing is going to change it.

They've already slipped up so of course they are going to lock down information, the company I work for would do the same thing.

rkeller62

Reaction score
My guess is that the original plan was to post them when he did but that Verizon but a hold on the software update for some reason. This happens all the time when you are dealing with 2 large corporations where one is providing the software and the other is supporting it "in the field"

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score
My guess is that the original plan was to post them when he did but that Verizon but a hold on the software update for some reason. This happens all the time when you are dealing with 2 large corporations where one is providing the software and the other is supporting it "in the field"

Saying Verizon supports it in the field would be giving them WAY too much credit. They are no help at all.

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
....where ever the mistake was made, it was a simple mistake....it didn't crash the stock market, nor did it cause anyone to lose their life savings, kill anyone, or worse, caused people to go to a shrink....it was a simple mistake....like the ones we all make everyday....suggesting he be FIRED is immature and plain inhuman....give the guy a break already and stop this nonsense....it didn't hurt anyone....stop it and act like you belong to the human race....unbelievable....

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
man i just unrooted last night in hopes of 2.1 this week

o well back to BB :icon_ banana:

HMJB

Reaction score
jeez, you are not entitled to anything
we got the phone with 2.0, which is more than what other android phones have and we weren't promised anything else when we bought it.

jbernard703

Reaction score
....where ever the mistake was made, it was a simple mistake....it didn't crash the stock market, nor did it cause anyone to lose their life savings, kill anyone, or worse, caused people to go to a shrink....it was a simple mistake....like the ones we all make everyday....suggesting he be FIRED is immature and plain inhuman....give the guy a break already and stop this nonsense....it didn't hurt anyone....stop it and act like you belong to the human race....unbelievable....

clearly it was a joke. asking for a vote to decide someone's fate is so ridiculous it is beyond needing a citation to indicate humor. besides in is clearly not inhuman as i am in fact human.:icon_ devil:(this is indicating humor)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As it turns out I may be taking my phone back to Verizon anyway. I'm having some issues but I'll have to wait another 24 hours while they "investigate" my signal problem.

Just as well that I did unroot. And again I'm still not that big of a hurry for 2.1.

Smaug

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but....

... how silly would all of this look if we were talking about cars instead of phones?

I just bought a new 2010 Ferarri F430. I bought it because it had all the features that I was looking for at the time. It doesn't do everything perfect, but it does what it was meant to do quite well. I recently heard that the Dodge Ram trucks had 4 wheel drive.... hey, I want 4 wheel drive! Some ingenious guy on the internet has figured out how to fit the Dodge truck driveline into my Ferarri, giving me 4wd, but voiding my warranty in the process, but at least its 4wd. Life is good!

But then I hear that the 2014 F430 is rumored to come with 4wd, so I think that Ferarri should release it today. I even went so far as to remove my Dodge Ram 4wd system and replace it with the stock ferarri drivetrain. Ferarri OWES me this. I even posted on my favorite automotive website that they need to release the new Ferarri right now, because they OWE me these features.... If the Dodge has 4wd then my Ferarri should have it as well, it's only fair!

Yeah, just kinda struck me as amusing. Flame away =)

00bear

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but....

... how silly would all of this look if we were talking about cars instead of phones?

I just bought a new 2010 Ferarri F430. I bought it because it had all the features that I was looking for at the time. It doesn't do everything perfect, but it does what it was meant to do quite well. I recently heard that the Dodge Ram trucks had 4 wheel drive.... hey, I want 4 wheel drive! Some ingenious guy on the internet has figured out how to fit the Dodge truck driveline into my Ferarri, giving me 4wd, but voiding my warranty in the process, but at least its 4wd. Life is good!

But then I hear that the 2014 F430 is rumored to come with 4wd, so I think that Ferarri should release it today. I even went so far as to remove my Dodge Ram 4wd system and replace it with the stock ferarri drivetrain. Ferarri OWES me this. I even posted on my favorite automotive website that they need to release the new Ferarri right now, because they OWE me these features.... If the Dodge has 4wd then my Ferarri should have it as well, it's only fair!

Yeah, just kinda struck me as amusing. Flame away =)
dude i get ur point...but that was pretty wack u could of came up with something better:icon_ devil:.......u might get flamed ...itll probly just pass after this

Status
Not open for further replies.