2.1 Release Notes Pulled by Motorola

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having worked for and with several multibillion dollar international corporations over the years, I'm not the least bit surprised by fubars like this. And the complexity of the Tripartite Pact among Google, Motorola, and Verizon no doubt increases their likelihood. In fact, though, premature publication of a press release is a relatively trivial example these days.

One needn't look very far to see a highly successful firm selling a new smartphone without first setting up a telephone support organization or a highly successful auto manufacturer forced to recall millions of vehicles because of faulty accelerators and brakes. Not to mention the smartest guys in the room nearly wrecking the entire world's financial system less than two years ago.

In the larger scheme of things, a rogue PR release is hardly a major example of corporate incompetence.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well,

whatever reason Moto has to stop this Update so far, it must be a good reason. they are not dumb.
As well the HTC hero gets the 2.1 update, as announced yesterday.

So the onlything to do is wait, and be FRIENDLY AND RESPECTIVE!

Actually, I don't think there's any evidence that Motorola "stopped" the update. And just because individuals in large organization aren't "dumb" doesn't mean the organization isn't stupid. I've worked with many very intelligent folks in very, very "dumb" organizations.

bamaboy165

Reaction score
I'm so confused about all this! So will 2.1 hit this week or not lol

richrcp

Reaction score
I believe jsh1120 just mentioned a key point. You have Motorola, Verizon, and Google all with a stake in this phone so sure there is going to be delays. The Droid is a great phone with unlimited potential but we all need to be patient.

dmartins

Reaction score

bamaboy165

Reaction score
I'm so confused about all this! So will 2.1 hit this week or not lol
The update wasn't delayed.
https://supportforums.motorola.com/m.../113366#113366
I did clarify my original comment here -- easy to miss. I was only speaking about the notes. And since my information about those was so bad, please excuse me if I make no additional comments. I'm just really sorry that my error resulted in bad feelings for some Droid owners.

Thanks for the info dmartins!

Sodner

Reaction score
All I can say is bummer. Oh well.

Hopefully it comes this week. :biggrin:
If not, this month? :)
Worst case this year. :mad:

jbernard703

Reaction score
My personal thoughts were the update was being stopped or delayed for whatever reason, now i am not so sure. Let's say the facebook post and forum details post were in fact just slip ups. In that case why not just release a statement saying the update release time frame was premature. The silence from MotoMobile twitter and facebook might indicate that this weeks release is on or at least being attempted. The facebook post said this week and until that source retracts i will assume this week is still on. I know Matt is probably a good guy, but he is a forum admin and his details retraction is not a nail in the coffin by any means.

HMJB

Reaction score
I did clarify my original comment here -- easy to miss. I was only speaking about the notes. And since my information about those was so bad, please excuse me if I make no additional comments. I'm just really sorry that my error resulted in bad feelings for some Droid owners.

Jeez :/ calm down people!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'll get here when it gets here. Nothing any of us can do about it.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this was just a slip up, I kind of feel bad for the Matt guy on Moto's forum. Imagine the hell he is going to catch from his boss.

Nightsapper

Reaction score
Chill.

Give the guy a break. If he gets canned, you know what Moto's response will be from here on out for ANY requests for info of any sort?

DEAD SILENCE.

They will go corporate and stonewall us to prevent this from ever happening again.

The only way we will know an update is coming is to see it being delivered.

So give the guy a break. If you've ever worked for the new Moto (old Motoroal when it was run by engineers was a cool place), or for Verizon, you know how much management wants people "sticking to the script". Hammer this guy and the information empty script will be *all* you'll get in the future.

Be patient, be polite, stop acting like a kid that wants his lollypop NOW.

Be Charlie Bucket, not Veruca Salt. /willy-wonka-reference

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.