What's in 2.1 - Findings, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken_photo

Reaction score
I've noticed with the update when I do a fast scroll in the contacts, and the slider comes out, it no longer works well with showing the letter of where I am in the contacts as is use it.

sal33n

Reaction score
Posted elsewhere in a closed thread:

Home screen now works in landscape mode. Before the update the home screen would only work in landscape mode when in the car dock.

Hmmm I can't get it to work unless I slide the keyboard out still.

M@|ice

Reaction score
Did anyone else's haptic feedback die? It works for the soft keys on the bottom of the phone but no longer when I type on the screen. The option is checked in the options screen. I have "spare parts" installed and it is checked there too. I reversed all my options in that program uninstalled checked options and it was disabled like it should be at that point. Checked it...nothing. reinstalled spare parts app and enabled it there...nothing. worked update the update. I feel it when I hit the home icon or menu icon but nothing when using the screen.

Cortez

Reaction score
Any Flash support yet? only reason why I would take the OTA is if flash was there.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
no flash...

never was going to be flash included. VZW/Moto/Google have nothing to do with Flash

Ken_photo

Reaction score
Having problems with my bluetooth Motorola (S305) stereo headphones since the uprade to 2.1. Music programs (new stock one; pandora;tunewiki) do not come out of the headphones; only through the speaker.

But calls do work through the headphones. If I go to make a call, the sound cuts off the speakers (from the music app) and switches to the bluetooth headphones. When I hang up on the call, it goes back to the speaker and not the headphones. Got the same results with a Blueparrot bluetooth headphone. Sounds like a bug in the upgrade.

Anyone else try this?

BigTex71

Reaction score
Any Flash support yet? only reason why I would take the OTA is if flash was there.

The OTA updates improve the OS. Unless you are rooted and running a different ROM (which I assume you are), I don't see why anyone would choose not to take this update. But to each his own...

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Having problems with my bluetooth Motorola (S305) stereo headphones since the uprade to 2.1. Music programs (new stock one; pandora;tunewiki) do not come out of the headphones; only through the speaker.

But calls do work through the headphones. If I go to make a call, the sound cuts off the speakers (from the music app) and switches to the bluetooth headphones. When I hang up on the call, it goes back to the speaker and not the headphones. Got the same results with a Blueparrot bluetooth headphone. Sounds like a bug in the upgrade.

Anyone else try this?

Go to the BlueTooth settings and tap the Motorola S305 (should show "Paired but not connected") it should then connect and say "Connected to Media Audio" and work fine. Had to do this the first time I used my 305s and it has been fine since.

Ken_photo

Reaction score

Anyone else try this?

Go to the BlueTooth settings and tap the Motorola S305 (should show "Paired but not connected") it should then connect and say "Connected to Media Audio" and work fine. Had to do this the first time I used my 305s and it has been fine since.

Dave,

Thanks. That solved the problem. Works great now. Wouldn't have thoght of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.