What Is This Phone?!

OP
E

emmajaneee03

Reaction score
I don't think it is connected to motorola in any way at all, it has nothing on the device about that network or anything, but thank you so much for helping me! And anyone else who can help please do! Much appreciated! :D Xxxx

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think it is connected to motorola in any way at all, it has nothing on the device about that network or anything, but thank you so much for helping me! And anyone else who can help please do! Much appreciated! :D Xxxx

You can do one of 2 things..actually 3 things.

1) try and unlock the phone and run cyanogen mod and a custom kernel <----but that requires you know enough about your phone to root and modify your software along with having all the info to do it

2) Try and go on a reliable site to grab another gsm device

3) go to google and get an unlocked nexus for cheap and put a sim in it. https://play.google.com/store/devic...wNV9uZXh1c1VTXzFfcHJvbW9fMTM2Njk5ODU2NzgwNCJd

or just live with it until you are able to find a work around. I will try and do more research later but right now this is where we are at.

OP
E

emmajaneee03

Reaction score
Okay so a quick update, i was messing about on my phone and the screen went blank and it 'went to sleep again' but when i swiped my finger along the screen it still made the unlock sound and gave a wee vibrate, and the top right hand 'lock' button still made it's normal wee sound too.. Then the screen shut itself down first but it was like the handset was still on.. Lights not on but someone home kinda way? But it still dies and i had to take the battery out and restart it again, but incase that makes a difference? :D

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay so a quick update, i was messing about on my phone and the screen went blank and it 'went to sleep again' but when i swiped my finger along the screen it still made the unlock sound and gave a wee vibrate, and the top right hand 'lock' button still made it's normal wee sound too.. Then the screen shut itself down first but it was like the handset was still on.. Lights not on but someone home kinda way? But it still dies and i had to take the battery out and restart it again, but incase that makes a difference? :D

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've got a shoddy device. :)

OP
E

emmajaneee03

Reaction score
It wont even factory reset.. Tried that, followed online instructions but when I hold the home key and the power key, instead of the android man and a triangle it just boots up as normal?

OP
E

emmajaneee03

Reaction score
I'm just going to agree with you haha.. Set everything back to default and the home screen looks like that of a htc, the same colours and design they first come with? Think I am just going to have to take the plunge and buy a new handset.. :( But thanks!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to agree with you haha.. Set everything back to default and the home screen looks like that of a htc, the same colours and design they first come with? Think I am just going to have to take the plunge and buy a new handset.. :( But thanks!

If you don't already know about it, Buy and Sell Used Android Phones and Tablets > Swappa is a great site for "gently used" android and iOS devices. Also, our sister site, Android.net, has a "classifieds" section where devices will occasionally pop up: http://www.android.net/forum/android-hardware-sale/ .

Just FYI!

OP
E

emmajaneee03

Reaction score
If you don't already know about it, Buy and Sell Used Android Phones and Tablets > Swappa is a great site for "gently used" android and iOS devices. Also, our sister site, Android.net, has a "classifieds" section where devices will occasionally pop up: Android Hardware for Sale .

Just FYI!

It says on that site that the device must be fully functionable, it is, it works fine until it shuts itself off? I can play games, call and text.. Does this pass their 'functional' standards do you think?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It says on that site that the device must be fully functionable, it is, it works fine until it shuts itself off? I can play games, call and text.. Does this pass their 'functional' standards do you think?

Oh I meant for you to buy another device. ;) I don't know if you'll be able to get much for your device, it might not even be worth attempting to sell honestly. Keep it as an "ipod" or backup Android device maybe...

OP
E

emmajaneee03

Reaction score
Okay so now my brain is totally fried, done some digging.. The phone that my phone is supposed to be shouldn't even have a sim card slot? And my phone has two? It shouldn't work in this bloody country either.. Well hopefully if my order goes through okay I am now the proud new owner of an iphone haha :) Thanks for all your helps lads! And yeah keeping it for the camera and biiig screen! :)