What Is This Phone?!

emmajaneee03

Reaction score
I have a blackberry, but recently dropped and broke it, it's been sent away and hopefully it will be able to get fixed, but in the mean time I am using my boyfriend's old phone. Now I would give it a name but I don't believe it has one, my fella bought it online 12-18 months ago and can't even remember what it was called. It was imported from Japan. It says android on the front and has four small slim buttons along the front bottom, it has a 3.1/4 by 2.1/4 inch screen, colour black. It's a large phone, looks pretty technical. It is a dual sim handset. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of phone this and if we find this out then maybe you could also helps me with the problems I am having with it? But first thing is first what is it? I can send someone pictures of it if you are willing to help me! Thanks in advance! :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you could post a picture that would help a bunch. Can't really help you if we don't even know what it is:D

You may be able to get the model of the phone if you can pull out the battery (that is if it's possible) and look at the tag on the back where it's normally covered by the battery, well that's normally where they are.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like it might be a huawei - can you post up a screenshot or pic of the "about" page (menu > settings > about) - it should show model info... possibly.

OP
E

emmajaneee03

Reaction score
Can post another picture right now.. Went to setting, about and this is what was shown..
model number - android
android version - 2.2.1
baseband version - MAUI.10A.W10.48.MP.V5.F1
kernel version - 2.6.32.9
build number - X3_A4C_110722_AD22V1P41_V14_COM_EN

Basically I am waaay out of my depth here, have no idea what any of the above means. I just want to find out what type of phone this is so I can sort out how to fix it. It turns on fine, but as soon as the backlight times out and the screen goes blank it switches itself off and wont come back on until I take the battery out and restart it. It's fine if I am constantly on it and don't let it go blank or to the 'lock screen'.. Anyone know what this means?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
motorola triumph

Motorola-Triumph-Virgin-Mobile-cell-phone-03.jpg

Running a gb launcher

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
motorola-milestone-x-gal100.png

milestone x

OP
E

emmajaneee03

Reaction score
Yep that's my phone!! ^^ Do you know what's causing it to turn off like this? And what does it mean that it doesn't say motorola or any named brand on it except android? Thanks for your help! LIFESAVER! :D

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you buy it off ebay. It could have been a refurbished/rebuilt device. As far as not turning back on it sounds like your device is going into a deep sleep and not waking up.
Let me do some research on the info you provided above.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola triumph

Running a gb launcher

That's what I thought at first as well, hence the Huawei reference (the Triumph is basically Moto's version of the Huawei X6).

:confused:

OP
E

emmajaneee03

Reaction score
Carrier? As in network? I honestly have no idea, it's taking an o2 sim card and will recieve messages from it so seems to be working with that? And a tesco sim aswel? It's dual sim so have both and they seem to be working okay, until ym phone decides to go to sleep again! Sorry it took me so long to reply, not too great on these sights and didn't see there was a second page.. LOL

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what I thought at first as well, hence the Huawei reference (the Triumph is basically Moto's version of the Huawei X6).

:confused:

Yep except when i took a closer look i realized he speaker grill looked familiar. Either way the about info is what has me scratching my head. For one both the milestone x and the droid x has ben updated to 2.3. For her device to still be on 2.2.1 plus the phone name of android shows it was modified in the build prop. You see that a lot in refurbs and knock offs.