Verizon is shipping me a new phone...

billyidle

Reaction score
Ugh, I'm having the same problem with my phone! My cover came off in my pocket twice in an hour!!

I've had this phone for less then a week!
This is a total defect and I just emailed Motorola about it trying to get a replacement.

They really need to either send out a recall notice or send out an announcement to everyone with a droid and offer replacements.

If they don't fix the door issue I'm afraid the phone is going back. (Which would suck 'cause I'm already in love with it)

Why would they recall when very few have the problem? Getting a free replacement door from Motorola, if your Droid does have the problem, isn't good enough to you?

frankieg22x

Reaction score
i'm not trying to stir the pot, but i wonder if a lose door is user error. I took me a minute to figure out how to get mine back on after I took it off for the first time.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm not trying to stir the pot, but i wonder if a lose door is user error. I took me a minute to figure out how to get mine back on after I took it off for the first time.
Could be.....any time I remove the door I find it's a PITA to put back on. But, it does fit tight on mine, so I don't think Moto needs to recall the doors. And, thankfully removing the door isn't a second nature thing like my Storm was for the past year.

freakboy2539

Reaction score
Just email motorola...they reply fast and will ship you a battery door free of charge! My droid suffers from the loose battery door and it was as simple as sending them a email and the new one is on its way!

medicTHREE

Reaction score

I assure you it is not. I am not a flipping idiot. The original cover came off in my pocket. A lot. The replacement does not.

Jaylor

Reaction score
billyidle, there seems to be quite a few people with this problem and Motorola knows it is an issue; it seems like the even know which MEIDs have the issue. So there for they should be required to send out notices to people that bought cell phones in that MEID range either through Verizon or other means.

frankieg22x
: Its not a user error, my cover slipped off the day I bought the phone. You don't even have to put pressure on it at all to slide the cover off and you're supposed to.

I already contacted Motorola and am getting a replacement. :)

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Boston,

I am getting a new/refurb tomorrow. We should both try to figure out if it's new or not. This will help the community to know what to expect in the near future should they have a return. There are usually signs.

new/refurbished phone should be here today...

OP
B

BostonDroid

Reaction score
Boston,

I am getting a new/refurb tomorrow. We should both try to figure out if it's new or not. This will help the community to know what to expect in the near future should they have a return. There are usually signs.

new/refurbished phone should be here today...

ok...will post as soon as it gets here with pics. Maybe someone exactly be able to tell

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Take a pic of the box it comes in and everything.

J-Buck

Reaction score
No point in figuring it out cuz i guarantee you its a referb. It would only be new before droids were ever exchanged and had problems. now they got some of that batch fixed and there going to be sending those out. u would only get the new one like the first few weeks it was out.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And your guarantee is proof why? Do you work for vzw?

No point in figuring it out cuz i guarantee you its a referb. It would only be new before droids were ever exchanged and had problems. now they got some of that batch fixed and there going to be sending those out. u would only get the new one like the first few weeks it was out.

J-Buck

Reaction score
And your guarantee is proof why? Do you work for vzw?

naw. juz using my brain. ive exchanged alot of phones in and by now there's probly so MANY people who have exchanged this phone is that the chance of getting a new one is low. i dont see what the big deal bout a referb is anyway. theres nothing wrong with it.