What is required for a phone to work on Verizon?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Ricocht77, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Ricocht77

Ricocht77 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    Xperia Z3v
    I'm very interested in getting the Sony Xperia Z but I have a lot of doubt that Verizon will actually bring us the phone, and since I have friends in Japan I could theoretically get the phone from them, assuming it comes unlocked what is needed for it to be usable on Verizon? a certain LTE brand CDMA network ect?? any info would be appreciated, ty :happy3:

2. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Well it would need to be at least cdma, and be approved by Verizon. Even if it had a lte SIM card slot available you might still need to flash the information for Verizon and you might not get it to work.

3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +772
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy s4
    Haha yup I want to upgrade to the Z as well, but there maybe is still some hope of it coming to Verizon. But when's the last time Verizon had a good Sony phone.....

Unfortunately, phones from Japan are most likely on a GSM network, Verizon along with Sprint I think, like to be the odd ducks out. If the phone were to be CDMA/LTE compatible, then it would also need approval from Verizon which would also be a whole obstacle in itself. Hopefully though...if not, then I may have to get the s4 if I like it.

Search tags for this page

will the sony xperia zr work on verizons network

xperia z work on verizon network