What is required for a phone to work on Verizon?

Ricocht77

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3v
I'm very interested in getting the Sony Xperia Z but I have a lot of doubt that Verizon will actually bring us the phone, and since I have friends in Japan I could theoretically get the phone from them, assuming it comes unlocked what is needed for it to be usable on Verizon? a certain LTE brand CDMA network ect?? any info would be appreciated, ty :happy3:

comk4ver

Reaction score
Well it would need to be at least cdma, and be approved by Verizon. Even if it had a lte SIM card slot available you might still need to flash the information for Verizon and you might not get it to work.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haha yup I want to upgrade to the Z as well, but there maybe is still some hope of it coming to Verizon. But when's the last time Verizon had a good Sony phone.....

Unfortunately, phones from Japan are most likely on a GSM network, Verizon along with Sprint I think, like to be the odd ducks out. If the phone were to be CDMA/LTE compatible, then it would also need approval from Verizon which would also be a whole obstacle in itself. Hopefully though...if not, then I may have to get the s4 if I like it.