Is Iphone 5 verizon first Lte world phone.

bjorn65

Reaction score
I just read up on the new iphone 5 will have 3 models. The at&t model only works on 2 band frequency and can work only on LTE network on Canada and USA. The cdma, Verizon, Sprint, KDDI Japan. While support 5 band Frequency making it a global LTE Phone? Currently, no android phone offers this that I know about.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Is LTE available anywhere else but US? Is that what you are asking? Confused? Or are you asking if there are LTE phones that are capable of using LTE/GSM/CDMA/WCDMA/EvDO networks and global? Currently there are several Android phones that are LTE and also global capable. Most, if not all, that are on the ICS operating system are.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
B

bjorn65

Reaction score
Lte is available in Korea, Japan, Australia, dubai, Germany, Sweden, UK (will have it on Sept 21) just to name a few. Currently only the iphone 5 global supports multi Lte bands. The A1429 cdma models supports band 1 frequency 2100 band 3 frequency 1800 band 5 frequency 850, band 13 frequency 700 band 25 frequency 1900. It also supports gsm cdma hspa+.

My question is when will an android phone offer this, or maybe one does.

Now THE A&TT model A1428 only supports band 4 AWS, and band 17, and frequency 700. Can only use Lte on AT&T network and also in Canada. So if you have the Verizon Sprint phone you can not use LTE in Canada, and but it can work in UK, Germany, Australia, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore.

The world model of the iphone 5 global A1429 works on band 1, 3, 5. This model will be sold in UK, Germany, Australia, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, and Singapore.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks, I again learned something new today. As far as I can tell, the global android phones that are LTE on Verizon do not support LTE in other countries... mainly gsm. But I could be wrong.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well TECHNICALLY the Rezound can be made into a global phone and is rumored to eventually get an update which will do so, so that would be the first.

OP
B

bjorn65

Reaction score
The Rezound is a global phone meaning it is an work in Quad band gsm. It only supports band 13 frequency 700 which is a verizon LTE band. It doesn't support any other Lte band for they where not determined when the phone was released.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Gotcha. Then yeah, if those stats are true then I guess it would be.

Now, out of curiosity, what exactly does this have to do with the GS3??

OP
B

bjorn65

Reaction score
For I have a GS3, so where else could I inquiries about a multi band LTE Phone than on this website. Now I know samsung made several GS3 for each region of the world with different lte band and frequencies. But since I am going on a trip from UK, to dubai, Malaysia, Japan, the only Australia. Since android are supposed to be more advanced than iphone, I assumed it would be in this area also.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Bjorn, a moderator by the name of bsweetness may know more definitively the answer to this question (he seems to know everything)! You could also go to this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/212942-international-travel-razr-maxx.html where there are people that have used their phone with foreign sim cards and what they needed to do to be successful. I do believe they all used their phones on the gsm network though... this may be because that is all that their phone was capable of or could be that LTE is not as easily available or affordable over seas.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, but given how new LTE is around the world, I really think it's going to be difficult to find a phone that supports the various LTE bands in so many different countries.

What carrier is your GS3, or it the international unlocked one?

- sent from my Razr M -

OP
B

bjorn65

Reaction score
My phone is by verizon, but the new iphone 5 will for Verizon, Sprint, and KDDI Japan supports 5 different lte world band Frequency, so my question is does any Android. Now most lte phones with Ics and later do support Quad band gsm but the iphone 5, I mentioned earlier supports that and 5 lte bands.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My phone is by verizon, but the new iphone 5 will for Verizon, Sprint, and KDDI Japan supports 5 different lte world band Frequency, so my question is does any Android. Now most lte phones with Ics and later do support Quad band gsm but the iphone 5, I mentioned earlier supports that and 5 lte bands.

Well I know there are pentaband GSM devices for Android, I just don't think that assumes the same kind of cross compatibility for LTE. You know where you should ask, go go out sister site - http://www.s3forums.com - there are some international GS3 users and staff over there.

- sent from my Razr M -