Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

JPBeard21

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue actually on both my n7 and gnex. I haven't changed anything on the ROM side that would affect it. It seemed to be directly related to internet intensive apps. So I narrowed it down to kernel. I have seemed to resolved the problem in the kernel. Here is the kernel I compiled this afternoon. I ran a torrent app(very memory and proc intensive) and Netflix at the same to time for 2 hours tonight with out it shutting down either.

Gnex:
http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/j...nux 3.0.x/ProjectElite_Gnex30x-03_28_2013.zip

N7:
http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/jb-mr1/grouper/kernels/eliteKernel_grouper-03_28_2013.zip

I tested both and seem to be good to go. Let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Buck! Seems to be working great so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Little812

Reaction score
Look at the screen shot above. That's what pie is.

I am about a week into the trial of using only PIE with no nav bar. I love having all my screen (with the exception of the notification bar). It does take some time to get out of the middle memory of looking to the bottom for the nav buttons. Now it's second nature. Thanks for bringing this feature to PE.

For those looking at upgrading, I haven't seen anything that can out perform my day to day task. This phone and ROM combination is costing Samsung and Verizon money.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Looky there. A menu button!

Hey Buckmarble. Giving pie controls a test drive and I'm wondering how do you get all the info above the controls (time, date, power) and the menu button to show? I'm on your latest 3-27 build. Thanks.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Hey Buckmarble. Giving pie controls a test drive and I'm wondering how do you get all the info above the controls (time, date, power) and the menu button to show? I'm on your latest 3-27 build. Thanks.

Menu only shows up for certain apps, and the extra information shows up if you bring up the pie controls and drag your finger about half way up your screen.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Menu only shows up for certain apps, and the extra information shows up if you bring up the pie controls and drag your finger about half way up your screen.
Thanks Yonnor. Tried dragging my finger halfway up the screen but the info doesn't show up. Do I need to enable anything? I have the bottom, right and left trigger enabled. Thanks.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Thanks Yonnor. Tried dragging my finger halfway up the screen but the info doesn't show up. Do I need to enable anything? I have the bottom, right and left trigger enabled. Thanks.

Hmmm for me I just kind of dragged my finger from the bottom (activating PIE) and just kept slowly moving my finger upward about half way up the screen in 1 motion and the information shows up for me. (screen turns opaque-ish and info appears above pie)

Setting for me are below:
View attachment 61599

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
Just updated to the 3-27 build. I am interested in trying pie. I enabled it and I don't know how to use it? I thought the default buttons at the bottom were suppose to go away. Any help?

jk8

Reaction score
Just updated to the 3-27 build. I am interested in trying pie. I enabled it and I don't know how to use it? I thought the default buttons at the bottom were suppose to go away. Any help?

you need to go to "settings", choose "system" and then "power menu". from there, enable the expanded desktop. finally, longpress the phone's power button, actually enable the expanded desktop and you're good to go.

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
you need to go to "settings", choose "system" and then "power menu". from there, enable the expanded desktop. finally, longpress the phone's power button, actually enable the expanded desktop and you're good to go.

---------
Thanks a million, that worked

rkpeterson

Reaction score
New toro build up, incorporating CM's pie instead of Paranoid Rom's pie, use NavBar settings to change pie button options such as putting Search button back in pie if you need it. Some new kernel/performance tweaks.

Mohawk3

Reaction score
New toro build up, incorporating CM's pie instead of Paranoid Rom's pie, use NavBar settings to change pie button options such as putting Search button back in pie if you need it. Some new kernel/performance tweaks.

I dirty flashed (only wiped cache, dalvic, and system) over the 4-1 nightly. This build seems snappier and the CM pie is more responsive than it was in that build.

Little812

Reaction score
Can't get the search feature in PIE to work. New build with a clean flash.

Any help? Or an I the only one?