Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Buck, mind if I shoot you a pm for off topic about the kernel?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New build up. Kernel now builds with its own linaro tool chain separate from the ROM tool chain. Pie from pa had been removed and cms version of pie has been added. Cms version is not as customizable(yet) but the functionality of it is much better.

Little812

Reaction score
snappy build but can't get PIE to come up. Turned it on and did a reboot and still nothing.

Anyone else with this issue?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
snappy build but can't get PIE to come up. Turned it on and did a reboot and still nothing.

Anyone else with this issue?

Did you enable expanded desktop also?

jk8

Reaction score
New build up. Kernel now builds with its own linaro tool chain separate from the ROM tool chain. Pie from pa had been removed and cms version of pie has been added. Cms version is not as customizable(yet) but the functionality of it is much better.

so far I'm not impressed with the cm version of pie. I don't find it as easy to trigger as the original. also, I need the setting to trigger it wherever I press my thumb. finally, it doesn't show the menu button, without that I can't update my k9 email. guess I'll sit it out for a bit until they add the features I need.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so far I'm not impressed with the cm version of pie. I don't find it as easy to trigger as the original. also, I need the setting to trigger it wherever I press my thumb. finally, it doesn't show the menu button, without that I can't update my k9 email. guess I'll sit it out for a bit until they add the features I need.

There's a few more commits I need to grab that should fix the menu issue

jk8

Reaction score
There's a few more commits I need to grab that should fix the menu issue

thanks. the ROM is so great that I hate to complain about anything and appreciate all you do with it.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looky there. A menu button!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New build up. Fixed pie menu not showing. A few other bug fix things as well. Also switched back to deadline scheduler as the default for kernel. Its more stable and works a lot better under heavy loads than row does.

02Luis02

Reaction score
New build up. Fixed pie menu not showing. A few other bug fix things as well. Also switched back to deadline scheduler as the default for kernel. Its more stable and works a lot better under heavy loads than row does.

Been using the latest build :thumbup: gotta tell ya... Best ROM out there. Battery life getting better and performance wise... This build is up there with the top 3 Android ROMs for this phone.

Thanks for the hard work :) keep it up :thumbup:

Last edited:

JPBeard21

Reaction score
Currently running the 3-22 build and noticed when running Google Now or intensive browsing, my background apps are getting killed and constantly restart, namely CallRecorder and GV Integration. Is there a way to increase the out of memory settings or something else that might help? This didn't happen as often on previous builds.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Currently running the 3-22 build and noticed when running Google Now or intensive browsing, my background apps are getting killed and constantly restart, namely CallRecorder and GV Integration. Is there a way to increase the out of memory settings or something else that might help? This didn't happen as often on previous builds.

I have been having the same issue actually on both my n7 and gnex. I haven't changed anything on the ROM side that would affect it. It seemed to be directly related to internet intensive apps. So I narrowed it down to kernel. I have seemed to resolved the problem in the kernel. Here is the kernel I compiled this afternoon. I ran a torrent app(very memory and proc intensive) and Netflix at the same to time for 2 hours tonight with out it shutting down either.

Gnex:
http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/j...nux 3.0.x/ProjectElite_Gnex30x-03_28_2013.zip

N7:
http://projectelite.net/actngrezy/jb-mr1/grouper/kernels/eliteKernel_grouper-03_28_2013.zip

I tested both and seem to be good to go. Let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2