Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Any thoughts on a release date for the "official" release? I hate to do this but I am curious how PE for the Gnex is compared to CM10 etc? anyone do any rom to rom comparison? I was an avid supporter of PE for my OG droid and am about to root/rom my gnex. Was stoked to see that PE was here, my one friend is an avid CM supporter so before I found PE was avail I was going to use CM10.. Any specific points that PE is better at or as far as stablility, speed and battery life how do they compare? I have been out of the loop for a while enjoying my gnex stock for quite a while.. but it is time to make it better.. :)

So far for my GNex I've only used PE, and IMO even though it's only been Nightly Releases its extremely polished and I love it, everything works great. Between Greg and Buck we've been getting pretty spoiled with their Dev Magic. lol

I can't speak for how CM10 is but feel free to try the latest PE Nightly and go to town. :)

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There is a new build up on the server from last night. Came to find out init d wasn't working. Discovered it while I was messing around with stuff. So this whole time that we thought the sysctl tweaks were going strong and in reality they weren't running at all. Haha. So now its fixed and if were happy/impressed with the performance before now you will be even happier. Also there is a new kernel up. Has some custom smart reflex voltage stuff from ezekeel and two more OC slots at 1400 and 1600. The release version of the ROM will only have the 1350 slot but we will have other kernels with release you can flash seperately with the higher slots. ROM also has cm file manager in now. There's some other tweaks/additions but don't remember them at the moment.

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Yeah bucks the man. I changed where init.d loaded in jb because of building for a couple of devices like maguro and soon toro plus n nexuss4g so I moved it to init.src instead of init.tuna.rc and broke it lol. Without buck tinkering around with some stuff how knows how long it would have been before I knew it was broken. Big ups to buck for that.

Also djnight we really try to not implement anything until it works so for the most part the builds are stable. I've talked to buckand while we are both very eager for an offical release I'd still like to add a few small things to set p.e apart a little more. While the changes may be subtle I just like the feeling of a custom rom with as close to stock experience as possible but continue to keep the features everyone knows and loves without going overboard and adding a bunch of stuff no one will use.

Dougdirt bucks colors are great! I honestly didn't notice how much of a yellow look the phone had until buck pointed it out to me. So that's why the p.e settings button is there in the gamma tunning. It looks fantastic.

DJNight

Reaction score
Thanks Greg and buck, about to flash now. I agree stability and performance should come before bells and whistles. Appreciate the attention to detail etc before making it official but also very happy you are sharing the nightlies with us as well! Keep it up. Like I said before PE was my #1 choice on my og droid so stoked to try it out on the gnex!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
DJNight said:
does the 11/3 build have bucks kernel built in or do I need to flash that separately?

It has my latest stable from 10/23. You have to download and flash my newest one seperate if thats the one you want.

DJNight

Reaction score
Noticed that the camera won't launch from the lock screen. It clicks then just stays on the lock screen. Any fix for this?

oDECREEx

Reaction score
DJNight said:
Noticed that the camera won't launch from the lock screen. It clicks then just stays on the lock screen. Any fix for this?

Just reassign it as the camera. Should work then

Sp4zZ

Reaction score
Does the new builds have any of the new 4.2 gapps in them? Like the new camera and gallery, etc

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
DJNight said:

This has randomly happened to me. Not sure why. Did you wipe before you flashed? Only time it happened to me was with a dirty flash.

DJNight

Reaction score
This has randomly happened to me. Not sure why. Did you wipe before you flashed? Only time it happened to me was with a dirty flash.

Yes I had wiped because the time before, after just rooting/unlocking, I flashed PE and it just hung at the boot graphic for a half hour. so I did a batt pull and did a wipe and cache wipe before flashing again, and the rom worked. maybe I will try doing another backup and wipe this evening.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New kernel up. Updated to Linux 3.0.51

1FZFE

Reaction score
Does the new builds have any of the new 4.2 gapps in them? Like the new camera and gallery, etc

I am using the 4.2 gmail, camera, gallery and keyboard. All are working flawlessly as far as I can tell. Just grab the zips from the forums and flash them. I had to remove the stock gallery to get the 4.2 camera and gallery to work. On CM10 I could have both.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2