Welcome to the Project Elite GNex section!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Posted a new kernel on server. Got 1.8 GHz slot to work and run stable. If you are feeling ballsy give it a go ;-)

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I am using the 4.2 gmail, camera, gallery and keyboard. All are working flawlessly as far as I can tell. Just grab the zips from the forums and flash them. I had to remove the stock gallery to get the 4.2 camera and gallery to work. On CM10 I could have both.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You could have both on cm because they use the gallery compiled from source. I use Google's gallery asp so syncing with pisca works. So essentially it's like having the same app except ones newer that's why you had to remove it from p.e to get the new gallery to work

1FZFE

Reaction score
You could have both on cm because they use the gallery compiled from source. I use Google's gallery asp so syncing with pisca works. So essentially it's like having the same app except ones newer that's why you had to remove it from p.e to get the new gallery to work

Thanks for the explanation Greg!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright you guys. Greg and I decided to shift gears a little bit. New kernels are now strictly Google source based. Meaning no cm bs or Linux merges. The only thing added is my custom tweaks. They are also now named projectelite_gnex on the server. I really would like feedback on this kernel!

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Some of you may be wondering if we are going to be updating to 4.2 and the answer is yes and we already started on it. Going to be a long process though. The transition is comparable to going from GB to ICS in terms of code compatibility of the features from 4.1.2. Almost all the status bar and all of the lock screen custom stuff is broken with the added features that Google put into 4.2.

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
Some of you may be wondering if we are going to be updating to 4.2 and the answer is yes and we already started on it. Going to be a long process though. The transition is comparable to going from GB to ICS in terms of code compatibility of the features from 4.1.2. Almost all the status bar and all of the lock screen custom stuff is broken with the added features that Google put into 4.2.
---
But surely that won't be a problem since you guys are awesome :p

DJNight

Reaction score
do you guys have a whats new in each release wiki or blog or anything? Just curious what changes with each build. Just installed the 11/13 builds both pe and kernel. Camera swipe from lock screen still does not work. did a wipe and install. Any thoughts?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
DJNight said:
do you guys have a whats new in each release wiki or blog or anything? Just curious what changes with each build. Just installed the 11/13 builds both pe and kernel. Camera swipe from lock screen still does not work. did a wipe and install. Any thoughts?

I really have no idea on the camera. It works for me. Try deleting the android folder on your sdcard. Then do a wipe and fresh install. All of our changes are on github. We do not have a wiki or blog.

Tio Gardi

Reaction score

This was happening to me as well. What you should try is editing the slider shortcut for the camera. Change it to the application "Camera" and use the system icon for the camera so it looks the same.

tyrion

Reaction score
I had this problem, and this solution worked for me as well.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score

You gentlemen take your time, you've been busting a** lately with nightly builds. Take a nice break for Turkey Day, you've all earned it. Everything on 11/13 has been working great so far, and it seems battery life is better. We'll be fine with that till 4.2. :)

I may not speak for everyone but I really appreciate all the PE guys hard work, and PE is the reason I bought a Nexus and its been treating me amazing. <3

ma5t3rw1tt

Reaction score
You gentlemen take your time, you've been busting a** lately with nightly builds. Take a nice break for Turkey Day, you've all earned it. Everything on 11/13 has been working great so far, and it seems battery life is better. We'll be fine with that till 4.2. :)

I may not speak for everyone but I really appreciate all the PE guys hard work, and PE is the reason I bought a Nexus and its been treating me amazing. <3
--------------
I have to agree with you when you said to take a break on Turkey Day. I can get into a huge rant on corporations not letting people enjoy the holidays with family & friends.
And yeah I also agree when you mention a huge battery saver, as I got an extended battery and my longest running battery was from 1 day 21 hours and some odd minutes and that is with brightness half way full, average use, google gps feature thing on.

So yeah take your time on 4.2 as I can't wait to try out some of the new features.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You guys really need to try the new kernel