Welcome to the Droid RAZR MAXX HD Forums!!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
If I didn't already have a Maxx I would be all over the Maxx HD. But there is just not enough for me to switch.

huskur

Reaction score
I also have become fascinated with the Samsung Note 2.
But, still love my Razr!

Thanks,
Geoff

I feel the same on the Samsung Note 2. I have the SG3 now and am very impressed. I also have the Razr Maxx. Nice device, but Sammy has taken it to an all new level.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Kevap said:
So what is the difference between the RAZR MAXX and the RAZR MAXX HD? :unsure:

MAXX HD was already running JB of course it will not be shipped that way. Bigger screen, on screen navigation and a better processor that will make the MAXX last even longer.

Screecwe

Reaction score
I can't see all that much advantage over the DROID RAZR MAXX, other than a little bit faster processor and one less button because of stock ICS. Not a big deal. Phonearena.com did mention that it is "Water proof (Splash)".

That said, water proof watches have been produced for quite some time now. What's the deal with Smartphones not being water proof? Seems silly to me.

MAXX HD was already running JB of course it will not be shipped that way. Bigger screen, on screen navigation and a better processor that will make the MAXX last even longer.

The MAXX also has 16 gigs more memory over the RAZR HD as well as the original MAXX

Motorola and Verizon have once again announced a new DROID RAZR and a nearly-identical phone with a higher battery capacity. The difference is that this time, the company announced both devices on the same day rather than weeks apart. The DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD are practically the same phone, with the exception of two key factors - battery and storage. While the DROID RAZR HD has 16GB of internal storage and a 2,500 mAh battery, the DROID RAZR MAXX HD has 32GB of storage and a 3,300 mAh battery. That's mostly where the differences end.

Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD official: specs, features, pricing and release date
http://www.mobileburn.com/20438/new...nd-droid-razr-maxx-hd--its-like-seeing-double

Last edited:

armeddroid

Reaction score
I would like to demo each one first.
The Tbolt is 4.3" so to compare it to the Razr M, I can understand the size.
But i want to def check out the Maxx and the HD. This might be my next upgrade here and the fact that it has HDMI out is something i wanted to upgrade to.
The last Moto phone i had was the OG Droid but I do have a question.

How is the GPS systems on Moto's line? This is important to me since i travel alot.
HTC has been greatness for me. Heard Samsung fixed their issues. But their battery life is a concern for me.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
armeddroid said:
But i want to def check out the Maxx and the HD. This might be my next upgrade here and the fact that it has HDMI out is something i wanted to upgrade to.

How is the GPS systems on Moto's line? This is important to me since i travel alot.
HTC has been greatness for me. Heard Samsung fixed their issues. But their battery life is a concern for me.

I've owned nothing but Moto phones, their GPS has always been spot on for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

alboboy10

Reaction score
armeddroid said:

I had two motorolas. The original Droid and the x. I also had the the tbolt and now the nexus.

I only wish moto made a nexus. There's something about Motorola I really miss (I hate their screens tbh). Their hardware is top of the line and the phones are very rugged. So as far as GPS and radios go they're excellent

armeddroid

Reaction score
@alboboy10
@INCREMENTAL
I certainly appreciate the feedback from both of you.
My OG Droid didnt have any GPS issues either but since its been awhile, I wanted to confirm on the latest devices they have.
These phones look like prime candidates for me although i am a bit concerned about the 1Gb Ram. Thas sounds a bit outdated from a technological standpoint.
But I have not had a dual core device yet, aside from me getting the Nx7.​

mgrande

Reaction score
@alboboy10
@INCREMENTAL
I certainly appreciate the feedback from both of you.
My OG Droid didnt have any GPS issues either but since its been awhile, I wanted to confirm on the latest devices they have.
These phones look like prime candidates for me although i am a bit concerned about the 1Gb Ram. Thas sounds a bit outdated from a technological standpoint.
But I have not had a dual core device yet, aside from me getting the Nx7.​

Some people say 1GB is plenty. My only smart phone experience is with the droidx so I cant say one way or another. But the only phone with 2gb is the s3, which has only 1gb overseas and people still love it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

armeddroid

Reaction score
Some people say 1GB is plenty. My only smart phone experience is with the droidx so I cant say one way or another. But the only phone with 2gb is the s3, which has only 1gb overseas and people still love it.

I heard the same thing about 1Gb being just fine. From what I understand, the 2GB RAM that came with the SGS3 was not originally specd out until about a week before the release. So IMO it was a bonus for SGS3 owners.
My brother has the SGS3 for Sprint and he says its great but battery sucks. He bought an extended one.

As for the Razr Family, i am def interested in all of these phones.
Hope to get my hands on them soon to make my decision unless Moto drops a Nexus variant, then I'll reweigh my options since my upgrade is ready in November.
Might be right on time.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I notice that gamers want more RAM. But the only reason they have 2 gigs if ram on the s3 is because they couldn't use a quad core processor, at least that's my understanding.

It does apparently make a difference in how snappy the device is. It would be really really fast if it didn't have touchwiz slowing it down... touchwiz is really heavy from what I've read...

My big hang up on the s3 is(actual Hang ups, not ones I created so I wouldn't buy it ;))

build quality... even with an otterbox defender, I don't like how it feels in my hand. It could be in my head, but it felt like it was still flexing.

Battery life, I was hoping for a maxx HD. I watched the life that people were getting with the s3's stock battery... it was pretty good, so if the only battery that was available for the HD was a 2530, it would be a pretty long lasting phone...

Then there are the pros, touchwiz has some pretty cool features, in the contacts list, swipe left or right to call or text for instance...

But the big factor is that I've only owned moto devices...that's the big one.. :D

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I'll definitely be in line for one albeit not on launch day, my eye will be on Craigslist for sure. Don't think there's enough tech there for 6 or 7 c notes. 1.5 MHz when it will chug along at 300 MHz most (90%) of the time. 1 gig is plenty now that we can move apps to the sd card. Screen is sweet but with oily smudges on it and my glasses, moot. But dang it I just have to have one. Unless Sept. 18 reveals something I truly don't need but can't live without.

armeddroid

Reaction score
I notice that gamers want more RAM. But the only reason they have 2 gigs if ram on the s3 is because they couldn't use a quad core processor, at least that's my understanding.

It does apparently make a difference in how snappy the device is. It would be really really fast if it didn't have touchwiz slowing it down... touchwiz is really heavy from what I've read...

My big hang up on the s3 is(actual Hang ups, not ones I created so I wouldn't buy it ;))

build quality... even with an otterbox defender, I don't like how it feels in my hand. It could be in my head, but it felt like it was still flexing.

Battery life, I was hoping for a maxx HD. I watched the life that people were getting with the s3's stock battery... it was pretty good, so if the only battery that was available for the HD was a 2530, it would be a pretty long lasting phone...

Then there are the pros, touchwiz has some pretty cool features, in the contacts list, swipe left or right to call or text for instance...

But the big factor is that I've only owned moto devices...that's the big one.. :D

Good to know. My bros SGS3 felt real light ...like...almost like a graham cracker. LOL
Motorola's build quality is off the hook. Always thought that. And from the pics on this lineup, they look real good to me.
I mean, cmon, I am going to be coming from a Thunderbolt. :/

One thing that i really did like was the calendar and tasking tools on the SGS3. Thought it was real nice to have a functional all in one UI for your schedules, tasks etc.
Also I am fond of the news widgets that Samsung utilizes. Very nifty widget.
I have no idea what Moto uses in that department.
Can anyone clue me in to that?

hotice

Reaction score
Does anyone have information about the camera on the Razr HD/Maxx HD? I know it's 8MP, can you confirm if it is BSI? I'm hoping Moto finally got smart and used a really good camera this thing. I'm afraid it's still the same non-BSI camera that was in the Razr:( That's pretty sad for 2012. Nobody else is using those anymore. Can someone confirm for sure?

geoff5093

Reaction score

1GB is plenty in September of 2012, but once we start seeing OS's after JB we will be told that the RAZR MAXX HD doesn't have the requirements to optimally run that OS.