Welcome to the Droid RAZR MAXX HD Forums!!

toperm

Reaction score
I may be off my rocker here, but I have a Charge, which runs great. Bought a tablet, and it just gathered dust. I see no need for a tablet! Gave it to my niece. Cant wait for maxx HD. Wife has Maxx, I love it. Oh, wife had an S3, phone reception stunk, traded for the Maxx. December can't come soon enough!

geoff5093

Reaction score
I may be off my rocker here, but I have a Charge, which runs great. Bought a tablet, and it just gathered dust. I see no need for a tablet! Gave it to my niece. Cant wait for maxx HD. Wife has Maxx, I love it. Oh, wife had an S3, phone reception stunk, traded for the Maxx. December can't come soon enough!
I felt the same way when I had my Transformer. Tell me, was your tablet a 7" or 10"? The Transformer was a 10", and it was too big IMO, it was heavy and cumbersome to hold. The 7" Nexus 7 I have is the perfect size, I can hold and operate it with one hand, it's much lighter, and it was only $200. When I'm at home I actually find myself going for that over my phone.

R

RETG

Watches don't have headphone jacks, they dont have charging/HDMI ports and they don't have speakers and mics. If phones didn't have that they all could easily be made waterproof. I know that Casio is said to be waterproof for a certain time level or depth but Idk how good it works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Don't get water proof mixed up with water resistant. There are a lot of watch manufacturers who make water resistant and waterproof watches. I have two, one good to 200 meters, another good for 100 meters but they are WATER RESISTANT, and to keep this designation, they need to have new stem gaskets installed approx. every two-years. The water resistant watches can be taken down to the max submersible depth for a few seconds (some give an exact minute spec) There are actual water proof watches, but unless they are designated as actual dive (SCUBA) watches, I would not trust them to remain submerged for any length of time.

I'm sure someday, a company will come out with an actual water proof dive smart phone, so divers can search Google while playing with the sharks.:p

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If vzw don't get the note 2 then it will be a sure in ill go razr maxx hd.. You can not put a price on connectivity.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chelovek

Reaction score
I'm also debating, it does look convincing but waiting for HTC's announcement, waiting to see where the Note 2 all ends up and still wondering what Google has planned as a Nexus cause a lot of fingers pointing at a Sony device. I hope Apple has a complete iPhone failure in the mist of it all.

Well if all this Chinese student forced labor stuff blows up, the iPhone5 may become the "blood diamonds" of the 21st century. Then again, Motorola Mobility doesn't have a sterling record in this area either. Perhaps they should move the manufacturing back to the good ol' USA? Wouldn't that be a kick?

alboboy10

Reaction score
Chelovek said:
Well if all this Chinese student forced labor stuff blows up, the iPhone5 may become the "blood diamonds" of the 21st century. Then again, Motorola Mobility doesn't have a sterling record in this area either. Perhaps they should move the manufacturing back to the good ol' USA? Wouldn't that be a kick?

Haha I really doubt they'll ever bring manufacturing back to the US. These companies are all about making money and if they can pay $1 a day for a worker there and $60-100 here, they'll stay where they are.

How is apple going to afford its lawyers after?

And tbh I don't really think these companies care much if they get exposed over seas about how they treat workers. People will still buy their products no matter what

Last edited:

geoff5093

Reaction score
If vzw don't get the note 2 then it will be a sure in ill go razr maxx hd.. You can not put a price on connectivity.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Same. I'm looking to upgrade from my TB, and both the Note 2 and MAXX HD look great. I really love the larger battery, I've gotten so used to my TB with the 2800mAh battery that I can't go to anything less.

toperm

Reaction score
Geoff, I had a 7 inch 8 Coby. Wife has a Nook color. Hers gathers dust as well. Her Maxx does everything, and so does my Charge. I am looking forward to the 4.7 inch on the Max HD

Hail

Reaction score
A little off topic but is Verizon staying true to you keeping unlimited data if you pay full price for devices?

Straight off my hip from the Maxx

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Hail said:
A little off topic but is Verizon staying true to you keeping unlimited data if you pay full price for devices?

Yeah cause technically u can pay full price for a device somewhere besides VZW which has nothing to do with contract and VZW would never know u bought the phone but regardless even if purchased n a VZW store u still keep ur data.

geoff5093

Reaction score

That is true, but the thing is you have no idea if/when Verizon will say they no longer allow unlimited plans on their network, since you aren't in a contract they can cancel your plan anytime.