Pictures taken with your Droid Razr (Maxx) HD

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Here is a panorama shot from my MAXX HD.... not the best quality :-\ IMG_20121106_203123_992.jpg

gediv2

Reaction score
Had to register just to help anyone considering to purchase a Maxx HD. WARNING: If you need to take pics really close to an object or in dimly lit surroundings- Do not buy ANY of the Current Moto Droids. The macro focus is not working properly on any one of the new models. Also, if you are in a room with moderate incandescent lighting the shots come out dingy looking and as if you are taking pics of a shipwreck at the bottom of the ocean. I've owned every generation of Moto Razr and not only is this the worst camera of them all,- it is the worst of any phone i've EVER owned.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Apparently there is a camera fix in Jelly Bean. From elsewhere on the web:

BTW the JB leak I'm running has improved the camera greatly. Focus and low light is better and before when I would take 5 of the same pic they would come out blurry or dark and 1 would be OK. Now all pics are good and some perfect. Now it still not up to par with the S3 but its pretty dam close lets just say the camera doesn't suck anymore and its a non issue.

It may be better, but no software will overcome bad hardware. Moto uses cheapo sensors and cheapo lenses. Every other flagship uses BSI sensor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

gediv2

Reaction score
JB leak didn't fix camera for me. I've been using the cameras on my phones for work for years. This phone camera is so lousy my boss won't accept them, I have to use his gs2. Wierd thing is it sometimes takes a decent pic. Whoever signed off on this camera is a major idiot. Its sad that I have to dump the phone over this, but ive owned enough phones to know better. I m a Moto fan, so my situation sux. I have to go Samsung over this camera, bleh.....

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Had to register just to help anyone considering to purchase a Maxx HD. WARNING: If you need to take pics really close to an object or in dimly lit surroundings- Do not buy ANY of the Current Moto Droids. The macro focus is not working properly on any one of the new models. Also, if you are in a room with moderate incandescent lighting the shots come out dingy looking and as if you are taking pics of a shipwreck at the bottom of the ocean. I've owned every generation of Moto Razr and not only is this the worst camera of them all,- it is the worst of any phone i've EVER owned.

Supposedly Moto has used the same camera hardware for years. So how can this be the worst one ever?

mgrande

Reaction score
Here's two I took tonight at dinner. Didn't play with any settings, just a quick picture

uploadfromtaptalk1352594009172.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1352594025061.jpg
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

gediv2

Reaction score
Supposedly Moto has used the same camera hardware for years. So how can this be the worst one ever?

That's why this is a head scratcher. Is it a component that is inferior to previous phones? A programming failure? Moto had to know the macro focus wasn't working prior to releasing the phones, so why did the phones go out? It's baffling.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
More pics

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121111_125807.png
    ForumRunner_20121111_125807.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 673
  • ForumRunner_20121111_125833.png
    ForumRunner_20121111_125833.png
    332 KB · Views: 574

gediv2

Reaction score
More pics

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

The camera underexposes indoors, and the macro focus doesn't work. Pretty foliage though.

Im using CameraICS as my main camera app. It can focus closer and exposure can be increased quickly. The more feature laden camera apps werent as convenient to correct with.

mgrande

Reaction score
Here's some from Disney tonight

uploadfromtaptalk1353136428595.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1353136458463.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1353136545244.jpg

gediv2

Reaction score
Here's some from Disney tonight

View attachment 58349
This
View attachment 58350

View attachment 58351
Sent from my DROID RAZR

CameraSucksBallsIndoors. Its Not Debatable. Its A Fact. I Have Kids. Taking Impromptu Indoor Pics Produces Garbage. I Dont Deny That The Camera Is Capable Of Taking Decent Pics Under certain Scenarios, But If you Need To Take Impromptu Pics Of Your Children Indoors When They Do Something Cute, This camera Will Take AN Out Of Focus And underexposed Pic 19 Out Of 20 Times. My Og Droid, Droid X, Droid Razr Maxx Took MucH better PicsOf Friends And Family Indoors. Every Current Samsung And The ip5 Desyroy Our Camera. Not Just Better, They D E S T R O Y Ours. Put In Replaceable Battery And A Quality Camera In This Design And They Have A Winner. As It Stands, This Yet Another "Could Have Been" That Moto Gives Us. This Model Is So Damned close To Ideal, That It Boils My Blood That Moto Signed Off On This Camera. This Is My Last post On This Thread. Just Had To Warn PeoplE As I Regret The Purchase Because Of This Failing. Going To Yry And Swing A Note 2.

mgrande

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you quoted me, this thread is to post pictures you take with your phone, not discuss the camera quality.