Welcome to the Droid RAZR M Forums!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
$99.00 after a $50.00 mail-in rebate is a great price for this phone. It may not be a hit for enthusiasts but for your average consumer I can see this handset flying off the shelves. Anyone picking one of these up for a family member or themselves?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering it as I've come to like the smaller form factor better. Though the qhd screen might be a put-off...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My wife is asking for one...I looked at her like she was nuts... I suggested waiting for the maxx HD.. we'll see. :rolleyes:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I will post pics when I get mine. Can't wait!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thought I would compare the specs of what is about to be my two newest prize possessions:

Droid Razr Maxx specs
  • Display- 4.3" super amoled, 540x960 pixels, 256 ppi
  • Size & weight - 5.15 x2.71x.35"/5.11oz
  • Memory- 16gb internal memory
  • Processor-1.2 GHz dual core TI OMAP4430
  • System memory - 1024 MB RAM Dual channel
  • System Chip-
  • Graphics processor-
  • A-GPS, S-GPS, Glonass
  • Global
  • 8mp Camera w/ LED flash
  • 1.3 mp front facing camera
  • 1080p HD video
  • Accelerometer, Compass
  • Micro HDMI
  • USB, Wifi, Bluetooth, micro sd
  • Battery 3300 mAh

Droid Razr M Specs
  • Display- 4.3" super amoled, 540x960 pixels, 256 ppi
  • Size & weight - 4.82 x 2.4 x.33"/4.44oz
  • Memory- 4.5 GB internal memory
  • Processor-1.5 GHz dual core TI OMAP4430
  • System memory - 1024 MB RAM/8192 MB RAM Dual channel
  • System Chip-Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960
  • Graphics processor-Adreno 225
  • A-GPS, S-GPS, Glonass
  • Global
  • 8mp Camera w/ LED flash
  • 0.3 mp VGA front facing camera
  • 1080p HD video
  • Accelerometer
  • No HDMI
  • USB, Wifi, Bluetooth, micro sd
  • Battery 2200 mAh

geoff5093

Reaction score
It definitely looks like a good phone, especially for those who appreciate a small form factor without sacrificing screen size.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It definitely looks like a good phone, especially for those who appreciate a small form factor without sacrificing screen size.

I'm there... have the N7 tablet, so that covers the prettier screen and "pure android" need. :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, I can't wait! It is going to be a tough decision as to whether I stick with my Maxx or the Razr M. It looks like the only thing I lose with the M is the battery life (at this time, no problem because always have access to juice), no HDMI (still no problem because I never use it), lousy front facing camera (again, never use it), but the biggy is only 4.5 GB internal storage. Not sure how that will work with the amount of apps I install on my phones. But I really do not think that is a problem because my Maxx has approximately 4GB dedicated to Internal System Storage and I have over 2GB unused. The remaining 8GB internal sdcard storage built into my Maxx I can make up with my own ext sdcard.

I think the tiny little beast will be faster with better memory and processor. Screen size is the same size as my Maxx so losing nothing there. Not sure about the compass... if it really does not have one and does it serve a purpose I really need if I am not even aware of it on my Maxx. I guess only time will tell, what, if anything, I am going to miss about my Maxx.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm there... have the N7 tablet, so that covers the prettier screen and "pure android" need. :)

Ever since I got the N7 I have shunned my phone a bit, feel kind of bad but that tablet is too amazing. I couldn't give up my MAXX but this phone is indeed intriguing.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;46xabo_OtEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46xabo_OtEo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks PC! That answered some questions I had while waiting for this phone. Funny how different websites reported specs for this phone vary. Some say has HDMI, others not. This definitely confirms the answer to that question. I think the white is ugly but I definitely am not gonna complain about the color.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
TisMyDroid said:
It looks like the only thing I lose with the M is the battery life (at this time, no problem because always have access to juice)...

I don't have the MAXX and really haven't had a problem with the battery life of my RAZR until this past Friday. I was at a concert and the battery died just as my favorite band came on. :mad: Anyway, if battery life is a future concern, you could do what I did and buy a pocket charger. I picked up the Motorola P793 on eBay BRAND NEW for $23.50. Definitely worth it for when I go to my next concert!

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

vmaxed

Reaction score
I ordered one today..should have it by Friday :biggrin:

GotnFX

Reaction score
Here's something interesting...according to VZ website..the M has 30 more hours of standby time than the Reg Rzr Maxx however goes down 90 mins in Usage time compared to the maxx..thats seems pretty good since it only has a 2000 mAH battery..M impressed..:)