Welcome to the Droid RAZR M Forums!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Maxx battery: Of the total time my phone was on battery the screen was on only 31% of the time (screen on about 5 hours in 16 hours) but used 84% of battery.

View attachment 56486View attachment 56487

On the M: of the total time the phone was on battery, the screen has been on 67% of the time ( screen on about 4 hours, more than half the time that the phone was on battery at 6 hours). But only used 52% of the battery. This is a huge difference.

View attachment 56488View attachment 56489

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm finding the battery life to be excellent.

Random side-question: do you use Simple Text to create your text-only icons?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Most of my on screen text icons are icons I created with simple text but my dock text icons are from the Minimal Text Theme-Free app by Kyle.designed.me. They work on Go Launcher, Apex, Nova, Launcher Pro and ADW... and so much easier than creating your own.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Funny story, yesterday I was in Verizon and the Verizon lady was trying to tell this gentleman that the M had the same exact battery that the Maxx had. The guy tells her that's impossible, the Maxx is huge. She says "yeah, Motorola shrunk the same exact battery to fit it in the M." I couldn't take it anymore... I had to step in. I told her that the battery life on the M so far seems to be excellent but not as good as my Maxx... But pretty darn close for such a small battery but that the actual battery size is very very different with the Maxx having a 3300 mAh and the M having only a 2200. She was a little embarrassed but I sold him the phone, lol! They should hire me.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's awesome - though I think it's 2000mah isn't it? :p

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Ughhhhh I want the M! I love the onscreen buttons as well. That's one less piece of hardware to mess up.

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
jntdroid said:
That's awesome - though I think it's 2000mah isn't it? :p

I think you are right. Even a bigger difference. I was relying on info from specs that were released before it hit the shelves but Verizon has 2000. The battery is amazing for this little thing. I don't know how Motorola did it, but they did. I think that, for whatever reason, the display uses a lot less battery is a huge factor in its efficiency.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
StephenC said:
Ughhhhh I want the M! I love the onscreen buttons as well. That's one less piece of hardware to mess up.

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR with ICS

Me too... I love the on screen buttons. I really really like this phone and I can't see myself going back to the Maxx (and I loved that phone). The things that bug me are getting used to the new file structure...think its a little stupid and can't figure out how to access the internal storage on PC but I have a feeling that will be fixed. I just deal with the work around for now.

If someone feels the need for a good front facing camera because they do a lot of video chat or for someone that uses hdmi, this phone is not for them. But other than that, this phone is as good and better than the Maxx...imho!