Welcome to the Droid Ultra Forums!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Ultra' started by cereal killer, Jul 9, 2013.

1. WolfR1

WolfR1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You're not helping me decide! LOL
    I'm generally disappointed with how the Bionic takes pics, especially coming from a DSLR background. I can be a bit of a camera snob. :p I've also been a bit jealous of how iPhone users have enjoyed fairly good pic quality and it sounds like the Maxx isn't much better than it's predecessors if the quality is still lacking. I'm guessing the GS4s camera is also pretty fast? I'm not looking for it to take constant action shots. Just don't want to miss the ones that come up quick. ;)

Is the interface really that much smoother than the GS4?

2. recDNA

recDNA Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Motorola made it easy for me to say NO to the new droids. NO LED notification light? Are you kidding me? That's been a Droid feature from the beginning. Bye bye Droids, hello Samsung.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

3. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    So I take it you're not a fan of the new "active notifications" system? :)

4. WolfR1

WolfR1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Besides...an LED light could be emulated on screen.

5. recDNA

recDNA Member

Ratings:
    +10
    The screen could ways be used as a notification system through various apps. Multicolor LED was one of the features that originally swayed me from iphone to Android. I hope you guys like it. I will continue to purchase phones that DO have an led notifier rather than those that can imitate having one.

6. WolfR1

WolfR1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I;m having trouble understanding your insistence. Can you elaborate?

7. recDNA

recDNA Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh, let me illuminate my position.... (I couldn't help myself) "Just as good as" 1080p. "Just as good as" true quad core processor. "Just as good as" multicolor LED notification. As J B Webb says, "Just as good as is.... NEVER just as good as."

• Like Like x 1
  8. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    @recDNA - I think get where you're coming from, because I go back and forth on whether or not I like it. Active Notifications are cool, but feel a bit intrusive and more distracting - though you can minimize what they show. They're a helpful shortcut when you want to peak at your phone real quick. But like you, I loved having custom LED colors... I know if it's blinking a certain color if I need to look at it immediately or not, and I don't have to wait 7 seconds to see it (the time between Active Notifications' pulses"). And on the S4, a quick wave of the hand shows me exactly what apps have pending notifications without picking it up.

edit: oh and the S4 has a feature where it will vibrate when you pick it up if there's a notification "unread"

@WolfR1 - If you're a camera snob, you'll probably prefer the S4... and yes the S4's camera is fast... it's not as quick as the Maxx in general, but it's fast enough for me to get some great shots of my kids going down a water slide with zero blur.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    @WolfR1 - also if you're a camera snob... one of the handiest features I've found on the S4 is the ability to use your voice to tell it to take a shot - "capture", "shoot", "cheese", and one other I can't remember, will prompt it to focus and snap a shot when the option is enabled.

10. WolfR1

WolfR1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for all the info. Overall it's still sounding like I'll be sticking with the GS4. I still want to hear your impressions over a few days since you have first hand experience with both of them. Admittedly I've been playing a lot more games on my phone lately and I'm wondering if the quad cores will have any real effect. The Maxx has dual core primary CPU but quad core GPU where the GS4 is quad core primary and single core GPU (as far as I can tell).
    Yes I'm nitpicking...but if I'm going to be stuck with the phone for two years I'm going to nitpik dammat! :D

11. jkaod

jkaod Gold Member

Ratings:
    +498
    OK jnt, enlighten me (sorry, I couldn't help that) on the lack of notification light. I leave my phone on my desk most of the day while I'm away from it and I need to see if I have missed a call or text as I come back into my office. How does that work on the Maxx without a light??

Thanks for all the info so far by the way. It's great!

12. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    I love a good pun!

If you have ANY notification at all, that notification will "pulse" on and off every 6-7 seconds. When it appears, it's in a circle in the middle of the screen with an icon for the app doing the notifying. When you touch that circle, a little animation happens and a circle below appears with the unlock symbol (i.e. swipe down to unlock) and a circle above appears with the latest notification icon in it (i.e. swipe to that to open that app). You can also swipe left or right to clear it off completely. Here are some screens from the phone that help show it even better:

2013-08-22 12.27.11.png 2013-08-22 12.27.24.png 2013-08-22 12.27.31.png 2013-08-22 12.28.12.png

Also, while it's sitting on your desk, if you move it or lift it at all it will come on for you to see (if it happens to be between pulses when you move it).

Search tags for this page
droid ultra forum
droid ultra forums
droid ultra led light

droid ultra led notification

droid ultra notification led
droid ultra notification light
led light not working on droid ultra
led light on droid ultra
led on droid ultra
no led light on droid ultra