We have root!

doublea500

Reaction score
We are clueless on when this device is coming out and theres already a way to root it? thats insane. the amount of dev support this phone will have will be sooo comparable to the d1

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
We are clueless on when this device is coming out and theres already a way to root it? thats insane. the amount of dev support this phone will have will be sooo comparable to the d1

Yeah, I don't know if anything will ever have the dev support the og had. Still, this device is gonna be HUGE!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know if anything will ever have the dev support the og had. Still, this device is gonna be HUGE!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Really? I think the G-Nex will have huge dev support, I mean how can it not. It's a sexy, beast of a phone and can be fully unlocked, sounds like a recipe for AWESOMENESS!

doublea500

Reaction score
Really? I think the G-Nex will have huge dev support, I mean how can it not. It's a sexy, beast of a phone and can be fully unlocked, sounds like a recipe for AWESOMENESS!

hes right... think back to a year ago. every dev was for the d1. look at this forum name. its "anDROID". Multiple ways to root/unroot. at least 10+ custom rom devs on this website alone, 10+ themers...

The reason-It was the top top of the android phones for around 2months. no competition at all. wheni got my d1, only other possible android device to get was droid eris, whichi s basically a weaker droid by htc i believe.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Man root already is awesome, just when I thought I could not be more pumped...

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
hes right... think back to a year ago. every dev was for the d1. look at this forum name. its "anDROID". Multiple ways to root/unroot. at least 10+ custom rom devs on this website alone, 10+ themers...

The reason-It was the top top of the android phones for around 2months. no competition at all. wheni got my d1, only other possible android device to get was droid eris, whichi s basically a weaker droid by htc i believe.

Ok but assuming most devs still have their OGs then they are due for an upgrade and if the next phone that has an unlocked/unlockable bootloader(excluding the Tbolt) is the G-Nex then wouldn't that be the direction they'll go?

Last edited:

doublea500

Reaction score
I see your reasoning but its just not going to happen. The d1 had masssivee dev support. Every dev had a d1. Now, there are other phones. the rezound, the razr, the bionic, the tbolt, d3... i can keep going. devs have split up into subsections of phones. they are not only working on the same phone like they did a year ago for the d1. the galaxy nexus will have alot of dev support but it wont match the d1.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
We DON'T need to worry about a development following for the Galaxy Nexus. That is one concern we don't need to bother ourselves with. Whether or not it will be quite as big as the OG remains to be seen, but I can guarantee you that the G-Nex will be receiving more dev attention than the Razr or Rezound. THE NEXUS IS, AFTER ALL, A DEVELOPER PHONE. Not to mention that it will be a multi-carrier (and international) device, which will bring a much wider Dev base. Already achieving root is great news though. I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no need to worry about this phone having dev support. It will be bombarded by all the original Droid users. I bet a very high percentage of android developers are still using their OG because of it's accessibility.

I'm excited to see what they come up with for NFC, I bet we see some incredibly innovative stuff within the next few months.

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
All this talk of the OG being basically gone within the next month or so is making me a little sad :( hahaha none the less this Nexus is what ill be upgrading too! zero shutter lag, removable battery, unlocked, and now rooted...its gunna come out ready to play with just like the droid was! no work arounds with the bootloaders or anything like that!

turdbogls

Reaction score
This thread makes me want to pre order and ignore the RAZR all together!!!
you wont ;)

this is great news. although Root isn't a selling point for me on a nexus phone, i am glad it is available. just opens the doors for more things to come.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok but assuming most devs still have their OGs then they are due for an upgrade and if the next phone that has an unlocked/unlockable bootloader(excluding the Tbolt) is the G-Nex then wouldn't that be the direction they'll go?

I think you misinterpreted what I was saying. The D1 was a unique case. There were very few Android devices on the market at the time, so this is the device a lot of devs flocked to. The Android environment is very crowed today, this is good and bad. The good - lots of devices to choose from on different networks. The bad - horrible fragmentation. Anyway, back on topic. I wasn't saying the the Nexus isn't going to be backed by devs. In fact, there's no doubt in my mind this device is going to be absolutely huge and will probably be the closest thing we'll ever see comparable to the d1 dev support.

The facts? The Nexus is going to be frickin sweet and have tons of dev love, so no worries!