Official Volume Bug Fix for Samsung Galaxy Nexus Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-nexus-black-background.jpg

Although Samsung and Google have not officially released this "official" volume control bug fix for the European Galaxy Nexus, the folks at MoDaCo have leaked it for early adopters and extra testing in the wild. You have to root your phone (which will wipe it) to get this one to work, so follow the instructions at the MoDaCo source link carefully. The problem is that the volume fluctuates when the 2G 900MHz is being used. Although this appears to be a hardware issue, this leaked fix seems to indicate that it is fixable with just a software patch.

On an interesting side-note, there is talk from some retailers that Samsung is recalling and halting shipments of the Galaxy Nexus to resolve the issue, although this has not been confirmed. This would be strange if it is fixable with a software patch. If you are one of the folks that is experiencing this issue, and try out this fix, let us know in the forums how it goes.

Source: SlashGear and MoDaCo

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
dgstorm said:
On an interesting side-note, there is talk from some retailers that Samsung is recalling and halting shipments of the Galaxy Nexus to resolve the issue, although this has not been confirmed.

Wouldn't that be the kicker

Sweettooth

Reaction score
:censored: happens. I still want the phone crazy bad.

Ditto. we've held out this long, why be upset waiting for them to release a device with as few flaws as possible? Having a fast and reliable network is no excuse to release flawed software and the hopes of future OTA fixes. I don't get sold on too many things but after watching the review for this thing, I'm freakin sold baby! I hate to give into the hype but whether it's released tomorrow or three weeks from now, I seriously doubt this phone will disappoint.