Galaxy Nexus UI Patch Brings Always-Active Menu Buttons, Dedicated Search Button

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
galaxy-nexus-custom-nav-batr.png

Paul from Modaco has updated the community on his latest Galaxy Nexus developments. This UI patch would allow users to set their navigation bar up so that it always shows a search button, a menu button on the left, a menu button on the right, both or all of them at the same time.

I’m sure many of you wouldn’t mind being able to customize this and we’re happy the development community has created an easy way to do it. You’ll need ADB, but everything else is pretty much straight forward from there. Find the instructions (installation and uninstall) and download links here: 22 Nov: UI patches (LHS / RHS / Both / Search Button / When Hidden) - Android @ MoDaCo

SOURCE: ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release thread*** (Link to lastest inside info: (11/21)) - Page 888 - Android Forums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I don't know... I'm not into the whole on screen buttons like they do for HC. I like have them separate from what's on the screen. Even if it doesn't really matter in the scheme of it all.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't know... I'm not into the whole on screen buttons like they do for HC. I like have them separate from what's on the screen. Even if it doesn't really matter in the scheme of it all.

This is just for those who want them on all the time and for those who want to add the search option on it.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
this is great news! absence of those buttons would make a lot of apps useless.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

I've got a big smile right now. Leave my four buttons alone!

jleeusa

Reaction score
I personally like having a dedicated search button, use it quite a bit. It is always best to make it an option though. Also its amazing that no one has started freaking out about this screen shot having possible bloat. This is most likely a dev phone and he/she puts on it what they want. But at the rate of freaking out going on in other threads I am surprised the Amazon and Paypal icons haven't been ripped apart. Things have been real touchy with this phone lately.

Last edited: