Samsung and Google Confirm Volume Bug On Galaxy Nexus; Working On Update

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-nexus-full.jpg

It looks like there were enough people with the now infamous volume rocker issue on the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus to warrant a full-scale investigation from Samsung and Google. They have both confirmed the issue, and that they are working on an update to correct it. Samsung UK released the following statement, “Regarding the Galaxy Nexus, we are aware of the volume issue and have developed a fix. We will update devices as soon as possible.” Google released a statement that was nearly a perfect match of this one. They haven't detailed a time-frame, but they are working quickly for a fix.

Although, more than likely the dealy of the release of this phone was a marketing decision to create a cohesive North American launch, perhaps this was something that was caught after the international release of the phone, and this is the real reason the Galaxy Nexus was delayed until December... What do you think?

Source: DigitalTrends

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
this bug was frequency specific. it does not appear in the unlocked gsm on either tmobile or att. thus i doubt it appears on the lte version either. so while i dont know about other bugs it wasnt this one.
if they are delaying the nexus for bugs and it actually comes out bug free , it will be the first ever :)
verizon is a company out to make money. so it may be delaying due to expectations of better sales at that time, allowing more sales of already released phones. or here is one. how about verizon cant program there vcast for ics fast enough to release it on time.
thre is always the possibility there is a bug that they feel would cause returns thus causing them to lose money.
my bet is marketing especialy with the droid 4 rumors releasing the same day. i see commercials of something for everyone keyboard or no buttons at all we have them both come be our disciples for 2 years either way. cha-ching!

mnas

Reaction score
now i have no idea how in depth developing n programming go but reading stuff like this....how does this get overlooked...is it that they r testing main bugs that r frequent so phone capabilites @least work​?

sc00by71

Reaction score
now i have no idea how in depth developing n programming go but reading stuff like this....how does this get overlooked...is it that they r testing main bugs that r frequent so phone capabilites @least work​?

There was a good explanation by an engineer that was confirmed by Google as to the reason for it being possible. Think for a minute how many radios are packed in that little device all emitting radio frequency/emi. Sometimes they only conflict with other areas of the phone (in this case the volume) when the conditions are just right. In a perfect world everything would be bug free before it was released but then it may never be released you have to draw the line somewhere or stifle innovation.
my .02

djspy

Reaction score
What if the delay is because Verizon wants that boot loader locked up? Has any one confirmed it will be un locked or is everyone assuming it will be because it's a "vanilla android"?

steveil

Reaction score
What if the delay is because Verizon wants that boot loader locked up? Has any one confirmed it will be un locked or is everyone assuming it will be because it's a "vanilla android"?

I have seen no confirmation. Only the vanilla android theory.