cannot unlock bootloader

mtnbst

Reaction score
So I was the second one in line this morning when my local VZ opened!! I have tried every method I have come across to unlock the bootloader and nothing is happening?? Im using MAC here are the instructions I am following (to a T) could there be "assumed" steps in these instructions. I need things pretty spelled out :/ I have rooted my X several times on froyo and GB so Im not a total noob:/ any help is appreciated

How To Root Your Samsung Galaxy Nexus Using SuperBoot

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have adb setup right? Do you have fastboot in your directory you're running adb from? If so type in

Code:
adb devices

And see what happens.

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
ok....the instructions I am following state " first you need to install android SDK" I have extracted the files into a folder. It says to install I have to then run the command "android" in the terminal. (it does absolutely nothing)
I didnt see anything about adb?

edt....fastboot has been extracted also
everything is extracted into my downloads folder...do I need to create new folders?

Do you have adb setup right? Do you have fastboot in your directory you're running adb from? If so type in

Code:
adb devices

And see what happens.

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm not familiar with Mac and its best to use the manual root method. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
One of the biggest benafits for me is to be able to root and (at some point with the GN) install ROMS. My old motto DX was easy to root and I could flash away. I am having the worse time trying to get in to this nexus. almost makes me want to take it back and get something I can play with......

alucard9114

Reaction score
use this method much easier found here! http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...-how-unlock-bootloader-root-galaxy-nexus.html
when it says put root in c:/ folder it means on pc just drop it anywhere in there.when it says command line its talking about the one in windows.after you unlock the bootloader dont reboot your phone go into the root folder on your pc and hit install-superboot-windows that will reboot your phone.it takes a long time to boot so dont worry you will know your rooted when you have superuser in the apps drawer go straight to the market and download rom manager then install clockwork recovery cdma version only then make a back up.(update)12/16 to keep clock work you need to get root explorer go into System>recovery-from-boot.p (change to 1recovery-from-boot.p or delete)if you dont do this you will need to install clock work from rom manager every time you want to use it.

Last edited:
OP
mtnbst

mtnbst

Reaction score
YES YES, it worked! Thank you thank you. PUMPED. I used a virtual machine on my MAC running windows 7. Now I can play:)

use this method much easier found here! http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...-how-unlock-bootloader-root-galaxy-nexus.html
when it says put root in c:/ folder it means on pc just drop it anywhere in there.when it says command line its talking about the one in windows.after you unlock the bootloader dont reboot your phone go into the root folder on your pc and hit install-superboot-windows that will reboot your phone.it takes a long time to boot so dont worry you will know your rooted when you have superuser in the apps drawer go straight to the market and download rom manager then install clockwork recovery cdma version only then make a back up.