Now back to the 17th?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by StupidGenius, Nov 3, 2011.

1. StupidGenius

StupidGenius Active Member

Ratings:
    +51
    http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-nexus-set-verizon-nov-17-well

View attachment 42044

We're still firmly filing this one in the "unconfirmed" category, but the screen you see above supposedly is a "work in progress" of what's about to go out to Verizon stores. And it pretty much looks like we could be looking at a Nov. 17 availability (and Nov. 15 in-store marketing) for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which would bring Big Red in line with the rest of the world.
    We're going to remain a bit dubious until we get word from Verizon itself, and our source says it's "been told the document pictured is a work in progress that will be sent out next week to all retail stores/partners along with promotional materials such as posters and flyers." So we'll see if the document is the work in progress, or the date, or what. And it's always possible this is just a friend of a friend messing with people (hey, it happens). But it does make more sense than waiting past the Black Friday holiday, don't it?

-------------------
    I'm certainly not complaining but somebody needs to get this right.

#1 StupidGenius, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Either way, I can wait :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

3. alucard9114

alucard9114 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    yes its easy to wait when you have a new phone My og droid is dying man;)

4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Awesome

But my upgrade may not be eligible til the 24th ;(

5. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Still waiting patiently for it all to unfold. And luckily, I have 2 upgrades open on my account, in addition to another coming open on christmas day. :)

6. mjones73

mjones73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  7. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    Im still using my 2 year old OG. I have had several "newer" Droid phones and by far, I still prefer the OG Droid. You've just got to know how to care for it once it gets to be elderly. :)

8. 561427

561427 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I wish I never asked for the D2G as a replacement phone... I never knew what a bootlaoder was for but I sure learned that it means NO FUN fast... I am going nuts over the tease of these new devices.

9. alucard9114

alucard9114 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    did you here that all the people getting the Razr?

10. Tas

Tas Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I just have to say that I do still have the very first original Droid. I love it. Best phone I ever had. Believe you me, it has at times made me want to take it and throw it in the middle of the ocean at times or slam it against the concrete floor I walk on. But it always seems to right itself after numerous reboots all on its own. Especially when a girl said that she will call me to let me know she got home after a first date. Funny after I got her text, my Moto droid felt like acting up when I tried to return her text. It rebooted itself over and over and over and over again. I spared u all the extra over and over again.

Then the sucker just started working again and all is well for days and days. This baby is fickle. It's old, outdated and tired. But I have to say, it has been loyal for the past two years. Especially the gps. It has been on point. Except for those times when it told me to make a u-turn in the middle of NYC. And some of those times when I didn't, I could swear it called me a "a little b-i-t-c-h".

Anywho, I can't wait for the wonderful sounding G-Nex. Whether it comes out next week or next month, it is gonna rock. And not for nothing, if u went for any other of these awesome phones coming out, I don't think u can go wrong. I just want the G-Nex cause I like being able to erase apps without rooting. I liked that about Original Droid.

I don't know if I made sense at all in this rant but I think for some miraculous reason, we will see this awesome phone drop on the 17th of this month. They did say that it will hit Europe on the 17th and US shortly there after. I'm hoping by shortly there after they mean a few hours later when the US of A turns into the 17th.
    I am also a bit tipsy, so excuse me if I have said enough.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

#10 Tas, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  11. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    See the link in Post 6. I would be willing to bet that it would fix up whatever issues are causing you to reboot so often. I would do this ESPECIALLY if you haven't rooted or anything like that.

12. Tas

Tas Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I am rooted, but it was a while ago. I never updated the root to fix any problems. But its all good. G-Nex will hit us soon and am not interested in re-rooting. I love this phone and it has served me well. I will just wait for my next phone and knowing that I have put up with it for two years, I can wait another couple of weeks or until next month. I couldn't do any of the things I did with this phone that I hoped for with the LG Dare that I had before this. And that was a great phone. Especially the camera. That camera beat the droid by a mile. But my droid will stick around just in case something goes wrong with the G-Nex. That's what they should have called it. The Samsung G-Nex.

I love Android. Thx Google for stepping up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums