It's Here It's Here It's Here!!!!!!! I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1ceFiend

Reaction score
What pisses me off is that even though they haven't technically delayed this phone since they never gave a release date, they're just sitting on this phone for their own greedy, money grubbing typical Verizon reasons. Samsung confirmed that they met Verizon's November 17th production deadline. What that tells me is that Verizon has had these damn things stockpiled somewhere just waiting for us since the 17th. Since they stand to potentially make more money off of the Razr and Rezound because of bloated goodies, they hold back the Nexus because they know that anything with the word Galaxy is going to obliterate the sales of their other devices. Of all Android phone families, the Galaxy line is most recognizable, even more so than the Droid line. I've talked to a lot of Verizon drones and they say the number one asked for phone is the Galaxy SII. Uhhhh....sorry we don't carry that....ouch. Next best thing, possibly better, the Galaxy Nexus >>> consumer of Droid profits.

Maybe I missed something, but wasn't there a post in the news section about Google/Samsung delaying the phone, not VZW? Seems like Verizon is getting a lot of unjust blame. I agree that most people wont care about this and it may take a little more time to catch on. So why would Verizon delay? It wont steal the thunder from the Razr or Rezound. I'm dying to get my hands on this, but I'd rather that they figure out the bugs first.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed something, but wasn't there a post in the news section about Google/Samsung delaying the phone, not VZW? Seems like Verizon is getting a lot of unjust blame. I agree that most people wont care about this and it may take a little more time to catch on. So why would Verizon delay? It wont steal the thunder from the Razr or Rezound. I'm dying to get my hands on this, but I'd rather that they figure out the bugs first.

No, Google and Samsung are hands off at this point. Verizon is holding this back so they can better line their pockets closer to xmas.

Sent from my Droid

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Nope, Google and Samsung have only released a statement that they met the deadline that Verizon asked for, which was November 17th. Verizon doesn't want to stifle sales of the Razr and Rezound since they've had a relationship with Motorola for quite a while and it fills a gap in December.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
ever since that add with the 199 price that had a date of nov 29th every yahoo and their brother has been saying preorders would start on the 29th. since noone ever remembers wrong dates they wwould all be there saying see i told you i have the real scoop.
I dont believe any of this for a second. and this 1 story from computerworld has the biggest legs i have seen yet. and if you read the article the guy that wrote it is an idiot.
none of what he says makes sense.
and its all started again not from an inside source its another i was told by a rep . 1 is weather you believe this guy at all or believe the rep knows anything, especially when actual verizon reps on here are saying nothing has even made it into the system and if it was releasing for preorders tomorrow(in in an hour) i think there might be some word.
i think the december 8th date has a lot to make it believable.
But after reading that article i cant believe the legs this thing has gotten.

just4747

Reaction score
Cant we merge this one with the big prerelease thread or close it? check out the pic i just posted in the other thread...

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I wouldn't blame Verizon for their business strategy. They have a good lineup of phones right now and the Nexus will put the cherry on top. They should try to sell phones before the next one comes out. I blame the hardware companies for pumping out new devices too often. Motorolla seems to be taking this to a new level. I feel like the X2 D2 D3 Bionic RAZR and D4 (soon) have been thrown in my face. It sucks for Verizon to have to keep selling devices discounted further and further because new devices keep coming out every week. That being said, give me a date and I'm happy, no matter when the date is. I do think by the end of this year Verizon will, for the first time in a while, have the best phone lineup of any carrier: RAZR, Rezound, Nexus, and Droid 4 (and probably dirt cheap Bionics, Charges, and Thunderbolts... oh my!). This doesn't even mention the non-4G lineup with the iPhone 4S, Droid 3, X2 and the free Dinc 2.

Plz dont put the bionic with those other single cores.. its bionic rzr rezound. Gnex... and dirt cheap tbolt n charge. Tyvm. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

patriot95

Reaction score
Plz dont put the bionic with those other single cores.. its bionic rzr rezound. Gnex... and dirt cheap tbolt n charge. Tyvm. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Its not there for quality reasons, its there because by the end of the year it'll be a cheap bogo device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
tweet of confirmation from live chat from android police has now been debunked 3 times.

Not surprised. But for the heck of it here's my surprise face. :eek:

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
So much for preorder today. I am seriously starting to wonder about the Dec. 8th date.

webmastir

Reaction score
Well, they could still announce it. There are a few vzw workers who said their managers have put up some marketing material in their stores for when they open today.
shrug.gif
...guess we'll see within the next 3-4hrs

ice456789

Reaction score
So much for preorder today. I am seriously starting to wonder about the Dec. 8th date.
First off love your avatar. Are you looking for the most sincere Verizon store?

Secondly, no one really believed preorders would start today. A writer for an obscure website talked to a guy who supposedly knew the date. Yeah. We all wanted to believe him, but did we REALLY believe him? And none of this matters because the world is ending on 12/21. I talked to a Mayan who spoke with a jaguar god about that date, so you know it's true.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
First off love your avatar. Are you looking for the most sincere Verizon store?

Secondly, no one really believed preorders would start today. A writer for an obscure website talked to a guy who supposedly knew the date. Yeah. We all wanted to believe him, but did we REALLY believe him? And none of this matters because the world is ending on 12/21. I talked to a Mayan who spoke with a jaguar god about that date, so you know it's true.

Lol that is 12/21 next year right? Wait did they move the date up a year for when the world was going to end??? Haha jaguar god

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

just4747

Reaction score
Close this thread guys...we have the big preorder thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.