It's Here It's Here It's Here!!!!!!! I think?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by ohcop72, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohcop72

ohcop72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Dcrobin05

Dcrobin05 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Even if this is true should I even bother pre ordering? Is this phone really THAT anticipated? I mean besides amongst people like us that would discuss it on a forum? How does pre ordering work anyway, with the contract and everything?

3. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    I'll believe it when I see it...

4. Tas

Tas Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Agreed.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

5. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    ^ Yup. Absolutely no proof or confirmation from Verizon. Until then, it's BS like all the other rumors.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

6. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Exactly. Too many of these pointless threads. The wait and failed rumors have killed all excitement for this phone. Only word from Verizon will change that...

7. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Can you hear me now?,no VZW,we're waitin for you to speak!

8. Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +116
    You've spoken well,young sykwalker

9. INCREMENTAL

INCREMENTAL Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Yeah the story was more less BS it sounded lik but how epic would it be if it was true and it had a $199 price tag. We could all hope for that but that would be just to good to be true. No sense n getting our hopes up :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

10. leakim13

leakim13 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am now on my 4th replacement Droid 2 Global (after 4 Droid 2 regulars and 3 OG Droids) and i have almost thrown it out the window 47 times in the last 3 days... I have been out of contract since Nov of last year... sitting on an upgrade... Not 1 phone has made me pull the trigger... The Razor was close but not quite EVERYTHING... To say that Verizon has dropped the ball would be a huge understatement. They are now offering me a 2 year contract price with a $50 upgrade and a free month. I could give a rats @ss about the free month, i write off my cell bill so basically they are just borrowing that $$. Trying to get them to apply all those discounts and credits to an actual physical phone is what I have been working on. Seems simple enough, especially to get me to fall "back into the fold" so to speak... But alas... more BS from big red.

I want you to take the $ you are offering and apply it to a phone that doesnt suck - simple request.

Oh and for the love of christ please give us an official pre-order date and release date on EVERYTHING you have in the pipeline, how about some forward thinking and customer satisfaction?

If I dont hear something definitive from Verizon this week I will be porting my number to Google and switching my service to a competitor and snagging a GII (and prolly paying half what i am for my plan currently)

(JUST GIVE ME A FREAKING NEXUS AND I WILL BE HAPPY I SWEAR)

#10 leakim13, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  11. rjsurfer

rjsurfer Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm taking the cautious route here guys, I won't pre-order this phone.

I have waited this long and passed on the Bionic and Razor so I'm thinking the best thing now is to wait a week or so after the release and see what the response is here on the forum AND see for myself at the local "useless" Verizon store.

This phone has to last me at least two years just like my trusty Droid 1 has. And if it's not up snuff I can wait a month or two for the next latest and greatest. Sure i can return it but why pay the restocking fee and go through the hassle of dealing with the idiots at the local VZW store.

Ron W.

12. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    What pisses me off is that even though they haven't technically delayed this phone since they never gave a release date, they're just sitting on this phone for their own greedy, money grubbing typical Verizon reasons. Samsung confirmed that they met Verizon's November 17th production deadline. What that tells me is that Verizon has had these damn things stockpiled somewhere just waiting for us since the 17th. Since they stand to potentially make more money off of the Razr and Rezound because of bloated goodies, they hold back the Nexus because they know that anything with the word Galaxy is going to obliterate the sales of their other devices. Of all Android phone families, the Galaxy line is most recognizable, even more so than the Droid line. I've talked to a lot of Verizon drones and they say the number one asked for phone is the Galaxy SII. Uhhhh....sorry we don't carry that....ouch. Next best thing, possibly better, the Galaxy Nexus >>> consumer of Droid profits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.