Down to the wire..............

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I was notified of my NE2 in July....of 2010! Tha was the 20 month mark as I got my phone in Nov. 2010. I still have my upgrade wating for me...plus a $100 credit:biggrin:

If VZW started the nonsense of expiring upgrades there would be a mass exodus....of course until they all started doing it (cough, tiered data plans, cough):angry:

I think it's funny that every time Verizon does something that people don't like, someone has to talk about a mass exodus if that happens. Then when it happens there is no exodus at all. It always goes like this: rumor > panic > complain > threaten mass exodus > finally happens > exodus never happens.

cjv1982

Reaction score
Exodus was averted because we all got grandfathered in, at least for me...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
upgrades do not expire with verizon. What happens is...once your 2 years is up...you are considered to not be under contract....you will continue month to month with the previous contract I believe. You are treated as a new customer by then, but you are allowed to keep your previous plan (data, minutes, etc) as the contract prior to the 2 year timepoint. You will not lose your upgrade by not using it on or before your 2 year time.

However......be aware that Verizon will possibly do this. To customers that have unlimited data now....in the future this MAY change. The way they will implement the change is....if down the road...a 5g phone comes out...and has features not covered under the unlimited data plan...you will be required to update your data plan to whatever they require for the 5g. (an example that customer care told me over the phone).

kdroyd

Reaction score
I'm a very happy owner of the OG Droid and my upgrade expires Dec 12th! Is it crazy that I can't sleep at night over the release of this stupid phone?! Lol. I was first waiting desperately for the Droid Bionic then when that came out I was far from impressed. Crappy screen, fat, and just ugly. Unimpressed! Then nothing really since then. I like the Razr and I like it even more after I played with it at the store, but the whole battery-thing worries me. Otherwise I like the phone. Now I really like the Galaxy Nexus.....but they keep toying with me about this whole date thing! First Nov 17th...then 19th....then 21st....then 29th....now Dec 8th....or 9th...and now 11th! Sheesh! It's like they know I'm expiring on the 12th. My OG Droid seems to know that it's expiring on the 12th as it's getting a little buggy. Verizon keeps calling me every day.

:::head desk:::

Get here soon Nexus!

Funny, I've had that same dream....Bionic was it (at least based on specs). What a joke that turned out to be. The best part about the bionic was the actress in the commercials!

Nexus get here, before I keep my promise and die holding onto my OG!

alucard9114

Reaction score
Funny, I've had that same dream....Bionic was it (at least based on specs). What a joke that turned out to be. The best part about the bionic was the actress in the commercials!

Nexus get here, before I keep my promise and die holding onto my OG!

i too was waiting for the Bionic what made me return it was the black screen of death and audio quality.If those problems were not there i would have a Bionic now glad i waited if i dont get the Nexus i will get the first Tegra 3 phone.

alucard9114

Reaction score
In san diego Verizon is the best carrier and im grandfathered in for unlimited data im off contract and therefore in the best situation i can be in here so release the frackin phone already.I also have my next phone free because when i returned my Bionic they jacked the refund so i get 350 bucks after my refund.I want a verizon Nexus but i really want a tegra 3.:D

wolstonc

Reaction score
Upgrades don't expire. They can't force you to not upgrade when you're no longer under contract.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

LuvMusic

Reaction score
I really like the Nexus device and in the US I prefer Verizon as my network. The problem is I spend significant time in Europe and the Verizon Nexus won't work there (like my OG). I'm really leaning towards an unlocked Nexus and buying a SIM card(S). What complicates the decision is I'm grandfather in with unlimited data on Verizon. Oh well, as the saying goes, "when you can't decide, don't."

Last edited:

Reaction score
I wonder id I could use all three of my families lines to upgrade with some kinda awesome POWER-UPgrade.

P.S. I thought of something. would it annoy people if iTalked like this alot? iMean use the 'i' infront of words that refer to what "I" am doing? hrmm... iWonder...