Verizon says later this year???

Tas

Reaction score
I know technically Nov 10 is later this year but why isn't that sitting well with me. I would think Nov 10 is more like a "coming soon" type of date. "Later this year" feels more like Dec.
I know we got glimpses of Verizons map system which shows the nov 10 date. I just don't wanna go through another wait just like the bionic. Anyone hear anything about delays? I hope its just me freaking out cause I want this phone like yesterday.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I've heard November 3rd, 10th, 17th and 20th, none of these are official obviously but one of these is going to be it. I don't think it will drop in December solely because most people do their holiday shopping in November, it just makes too much sense for Verizon to drop the G-Nex in November and there have been plenty of rumors and leaks supporting that.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im thinking the 10th will be the pre-order day. As much as we would like to get it on the 10th, I dont think the Razr and Nexus will drop on the same day.

diggy488

Reaction score
Im thinking the 10th will be the pre-order day. As much as we would like to get it on the 10th, I dont think the Razr and Nexus will drop on the same day.

I agree. I'd be very surprised if both released on the same day. I feel confident it'll be out by the end of the year, but anything can happen.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

I think you may be right because the RAZR is set for October 27th for pre order and on the latest MAP leak I noticed the RAZR was listed for October 27th(pre release date) and the G-Nex and Rezound were still November 10th so it would make sense that those were really pre order dates.

jcardona1

Reaction score
It would be a complete bonehead marketing move if Verizon didn't release this phone and have it well-stocked in shelves BEFORE black Friday. Unless there is a major problem with this device, I'm sure it will be out by then.

busab

Reaction score
I believe it will be out on the 10th. I just don't think Verizon will be pushing this phone very hard. This is a unlocked developers phone after all.

I think the Vigor and the Razr are much more "friendly" devices for the average consumer. Therefore it will be more on the forefront.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I believe it will be out on the 10th. I just don't think Verizon will be pushing this phone very hard. This is a unlocked developers phone after all.

I think the Vigor and the Razr are much more "friendly" devices for the average consumer. Therefore it will be more on the forefront.

Just my 2 cents.

They would be stupid not to push this phone hard, they would lose a lot of money seeing how the 32gb G-Nex is going to bring in more cash per device than the RAZR or Rezound.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Just my 2 cents.

I agree. I have a feeling this is going to be a Best Buy exclusive like the Nexus S. Verizon will push the other devices hard, which is ridiculous because I'm sure they've been asked a million times, "Do you carry the Galaxy SII?" This is the next best, if not better device and it's absolutely gorgeous. If marketed right, this phone would completely demolish the competition.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I agree. I have a feeling this is going to be a Best Buy exclusive like the Nexus S. Verizon will push the other devices hard, which is ridiculous because I'm sure they've been asked a million times, "Do you carry the Galaxy SII?" This is the next best, if not better device and it's absolutely gorgeous. If marketed right, this phone would completely demolish the competition.

I'm going to go to every Verizon store I pass from now until the G-Nex is released and ask them if they have the SGSII.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

For what it's worth, I asked P3Droid specifically about Best Buy exclusivity and he said that it WILL NOT be a Best Buy exclusive. Also if I'm not mistaken, it states this explicitly on the official Verizon press release regarding the Nexus. Below is what the press release states.

"The Galaxy Nexus will be available later this year in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com."

chewy74

Reaction score
As long it drops before the end of November g nexus will get my money...if not it will be between razr vs iPhone 4s. With iPhone being favored

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the "later this year" is probably to give themselves some breathing room. They aren't looking to lock themselves into a specific date in case something comes up, bug wise, legalities ect...

Most likely they threw this out just to reassure people that their plan is still to have it in stores before the new year.

With multiple phones being released on Verizon next month, I'm curious how they plan to handle it to be honest. I can't remember any point where there were this many solid phones being released so close to one another.

Not to mention we just had the 4S release as well.

I'm hoping Verizon sees it as a positive thing, because for it's users it is, but lately I've had a bad feeling that they're going to delay the Nexus and/or the Rezound until mid December because of the Razr.

Motorola basically saved them with the original Droid, so I could see them favoring them, but maybe their new relationship with Google will have some affect on the Nexus being released asap, somehow I doubt it considering the deal still hasn't been inked.

Verizon can't like phones like the Nexus, they don't get to put their bloatware on them and they probably know that their appeal is to a somewhat select crowd that Verizon hasn't liked recently.

mrmark27

Reaction score
I would think that google would be pushing VZW and Samsung to get this bad boy out into the public asap so they can show off ICS in the real world and then start to push it out to other systems. They cant start pushing out ICS until the nexus has had its time to shine for at least a month or so